7/22/2007: Wii: Bigs, The, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 22nd, 2007, 12:28 pm

I look forward to reading your comments about this pair of Wii reviews.

qubit

Postby qubit » July 22nd, 2007, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reviews.  I'll be sure to avoid both games on my Wii wishlist .

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 23rd, 2007, 10:36 am

Well between this review and the RPG Critic's "kind words" I will make sure to avoid The Bigs like its my job.

By the way, excellent writing in both reviews Critic.  You had me laughing in both.  Well done.

funky_muzic1

Postby funky_muzic1 » July 23rd, 2007, 3:55 pm

Hi Critic,
My friend had bought the Wii, and we played it this weekend.  Well, we tried to play it.  The homerun derby mini-game was fine, but we had some serious problems when we tried to play an actual game of baseball.  We could not pitch the ball!  It sounds like you were able to pitch, but for the life of me, I couldn't throw a pitch...until I unplugged the nunchuk.  Then of course I had to plug it back in to control the fielders.  Needless to say, we quickly ejected The Bigs and popped in Wii Sports for a quality 3-inning game of baseball.  I guess the only good thing is that it was my friend who had paid $50 for the game, and not me! 

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » July 24th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Surprised you didn't say anything about the PS3 being better than the Wii version.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » July 25th, 2007, 2:25 pm

As with my thoughts about the PS3versions I cannot see myself getting them.  I just kept thinking wow the grapics look so duff.  Then reading your review of the baseball game I thought so what its baseball and I hate baseball. 
Then I looked at the Wii silver surfer game what a duffer.  Thanks for the review I would not buy this game but it just looks so bad...nearly as bad as that stinker minority report...  you should run a poll to find the worst flim tie game.  I still think that it would be Minority report but Top gun on the cube was pretty bad.  Then what about pirates of the carribean on xbox or Robocop ?  Two monumental stinkers...

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » July 25th, 2007, 5:59 pm

[QUOTE=Crimefighter]Surprised you didn't say anything about the PS3 being better than the Wii version.
[/QUOTE]

Well there's a separate review for The Bigs for the PS3 where I believe Dave gave it an 'A'.  I guess if you really wanted to know which version was better you could just look at their respective scores.
Sudz

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » July 25th, 2007, 7:05 pm

I guess I was looking for an explanation as to why the Wii versions turned out so horribly wrong from the PS3 counterparts.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » July 25th, 2007, 8:29 pm

[QUOTE=Crimefighter]I guess I was looking for an explanation as to why the Wii versions turned out so horribly wrong from the PS3 counterparts.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it would seem that with the more recent ones, like Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, the Wii versions are based around the PS2 editions.  That's understandable and not inherently a bad thing, but recent luck has resulted in the PS2 versions being pretty bad.  Also, the Wii/PS2 versions tend not to be developed by the same people as the PS3/360 ones.

In the case of the aforementioned titles, 7 Studios (Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows) and Vicarious Visions (the GBA Tony Hawks) handled the PS2 and Wii versions of Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, respectively, while Visual Concepts (for FF) and Treyarch (Spider-Man) made the PS3 and 360 games.

Return to “Review Feedback”