8/4/2007: Dreamcast: Karous/Crow (Import), Tee Off Golf, Triggerheart Exelica (Import)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
JasonhasRSI1

8/4/2007: Dreamcast: Karous/Crow (Import), Tee Off Golf, Triggerheart Exelica (Import)

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » August 7th, 2007, 11:43 am

Many. In addition to the games noted on this site (Ikaruga, Under Defeat, Karous, TriggerHeart) there are Psyvariar 2, Radirgy, Chaos Field (saw a gamecube release, I think), Shikigami no shiro II, to name a few.

Tourian

Postby Tourian » August 7th, 2007, 11:51 am

[QUOTE=JasonhasRSI]Many. In addition to the games noted on this site (Ikaruga, Under Defeat, Karous, TriggerHeart) there are Psyvariar 2, Radirgy, Chaos Field (saw a gamecube release, I think), Shikigami no shiro II, to name a few.
[/QUOTE]

Well I've got Ikaruga for GC and Under Defeat, I'll see if Radirgy comes out on Wii, Chaos Field is supposed to suck hard, and I have Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2 (and Castle Shikigami aka Mobile Light Force 2 for PS2) so check.

What are some more?  The one I want most is Zero Gunner 2.  Thankfully a friend burned a copy of it for me to tide me over.

JasonhasRSI1

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » August 7th, 2007, 3:19 pm

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/03/dreamcast-shmups-library-2d-shooters.html

^^ good site for dreamcast info.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » August 8th, 2007, 8:01 am

Thanks for reviewing "Tee Off."  It might be a "Hot Shots Golf" rip-off (and not as good as even the PS1 versions) but it's a decent time waster.  You mention in the review that it's a decent golf game for Dreamcast.  Try 'the only golf game on Dreamcast.'  Since EA never published for Dreamcast its PGA Golf series on Sega's system there were no other golf games for Dreamcast released in the States.  Are there any other golf games for Dreamcast in Japan that never made it to the States besides "Tee Off" (and were they any good)?  As a golf nuts it pains me to see my second-favorite system of all time (after the Sega Saturn) getting almost no love in the videogame golf sweepstakes.

smokeydadog

Postby smokeydadog » August 9th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Psyvariar 2 is also available on Xbox and possibly PS2. It assume it's an import but I'm not sure.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » September 9th, 2007, 4:36 am

PS2 has a very nice Psyvariar package and should be picked up in preference to the DC version.

Beleive it's the same for Shiki too.

Anyways I agree Trigger Heart is a very good title though it's low budget really shows compared to other releases.

To an earlier poster the two must have Jap DC shooters are Zero Gunner 2 and Under Defeat.

Tourian

Postby Tourian » April 14th, 2008, 1:41 pm

From the "What's the most you've ever paid for a game" thread:

[QUOTE=Julio III][QUOTE=bluemonkey]I was torn over whether to get Trigger Heart or Karous for my DC last year.  Went with Trigger Heart too.  Guess which one ended up on XBLA :S.[/QUOTE]

Er, I bought both. Much prefer Karous, I'm not particularly good at it though. It lacks some of the charm of Radirgy, due to the grey graphics. I also use the sword a lot less which is a shame. I just never really got into the mechanic of TriggerHeart.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Critic blew it on this set of reviews.  Is that that the general consensus?

Return to “Review Feedback”