8/7/2007: Playstation 3: All-Pro Football 2K8

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 7th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Here it is - the first football review of the season.  What do you think?

Kroozer

Postby Kroozer » August 7th, 2007, 6:39 pm

How about a review of the XBOX360 version?  It seems as some games tend to suck on the PS3 when compared to the 360 versions.

andrew

Postby andrew » August 7th, 2007, 6:49 pm

If having oj simpson in the game wasn't enough to bump it into C range then the game must truly be awful.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 7th, 2007, 8:07 pm

[QUOTE=Kroozer]

How about a review of the XBOX360 version?  It seems as some games tend to suck on the PS3 when compared to the 360 versions.

[/QUOTE]

Considering the graphics and framerate are just fine in this PS3 version, I wouldn't expect the 360 version to be substantially better.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » August 8th, 2007, 4:20 am

Well I am not going to get this game as I am terrible at sports games but it looks great from the screen shot.  It is a shame that the game is not great as the ps3 could do with a really good sports game.

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » August 9th, 2007, 12:48 pm

I'm dissapointed in your review.  You brought up things that are a handicap that 2k cant help and when your out of the game for 3 years because of a greedy buy-out by EA, this game never had a chance. If you could easily re-create NFL teams the game would be sued.  Is it an A game.. no but does it deserve any form of a D?...no. Its fun and refreshing thats what i base my love for a game. 
 But if you really like the next-gen madden games then well good for you cause I've felt ripped off for the better part of a decade. I DID enjoy madden back in the Genesis days when the gameplay worked for a 16-bit console but the ice-skater movement needed to be left in the 90's.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 9th, 2007, 7:18 pm

[QUOTE=Benjamin]I'm dissapointed in your review.  You brought up things that are a handicap that 2k cant help and when your out of the game for 3 years because of a greedy buy-out by EA, this game never had a chance. If you could easily re-create NFL teams the game would be sued.  Is it an A game.. no but does it deserve any form of a D?...no. Its fun and refreshing thats what i base my love for a game. 
 But if you really like the next-gen madden games then well good for you cause I've felt ripped off for the better part of a decade. I DID enjoy madden back in the Genesis days when the gameplay worked for a 16-bit console but the ice-skater movement needed to be left in the 90's.
[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed too.  I was really hoping All-Pro would be a real Madden killer, but as an objective critic, there's no way I could give this game an average grade.  That's one the lousy thing about being a critic: you can't rate a game as you'd want to grade it, only on the merit of the game itself.  It broke my heart to give this a D+, but the last time my friend Steve and I played this, it was a glitch-filled mess.  I was actually awarded points I didn't even score, which was not satisfying for either of us.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » August 9th, 2007, 9:32 pm

With sports games, it takes some companies several iterations to get it right, since they cannot just wait and wait like with other AAA games. I'm confident that 2k Sports will come out swingin' next year.

I just hope they do well enough to make next year a possibility.

-Rob

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » August 10th, 2007, 9:52 am

Benjamin, I agree that 2K was forced out of the football gaming biz for 3 years but they had an excellent history of 2K Sports football games behind them prior to the EA and NFL screwing everyone else.  Besides, things like a HORRIBLE user interface have nothing to do with whether or not they were picking up after a 3 year absence from football gaming - that's basic usability that any company publishing software of any kind should be on top of.  While I've played the game and personally don't think it deserved a D+, I don't know that I would have given it anything better than a "C" either.  And I'm a huge fan of all the previous NFL 2Kx games.
Sudz

Austin

Postby Austin » August 28th, 2007, 11:32 pm

I'm kind of curious about this, but how do you open and close menus? How did they use the analogue stick to do that?

Return to “Review Feedback”