Halloween Review Special

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 3rd, 2007, 3:56 pm

Here's a thread for those of you who would like to discuss the updated Halloween Review Special.  What do you think?

JasonhasRSI1

Halloween Review Special

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » October 3rd, 2007, 4:12 pm

Out of curiosity, why the drop in grade for Condemned (A- to B+)?

feilong801

Halloween Review Special

Postby feilong801 » October 3rd, 2007, 4:28 pm

A tour de force as always. But why didn't you include Bioshock? Isn't that a horror game of sorts?

-Rob

JustLikeHeaven1

Halloween Review Special

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 3rd, 2007, 4:41 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

But why didn't you include Bioshock? Isn't that a horror game of sorts?

[/QUOTE]

I don't really get the whole horror FPS that people claim that Bioshock is.  System Shock II was a creepy/unsettling experience, but Bioshock wasn't really scary.  That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it in the Halloween Special.

If you are going to include Bioshock you have to include Doom 3 (Xbox) which was pretty decent at getting you to jump out of your seat.  Plus its really good to play around Halloween too.

Adamant1

Halloween Review Special

Postby Adamant1 » October 3rd, 2007, 7:28 pm

Maybe you should get a person who likes adventure games to review Maniac Mansion (does the RPG Critic like them?). You don't seem to care much for the genre judging from your review, which can pretty much be summed up by "It's a point and click game. Automatic D"

MigAlley

Halloween Review Special

Postby MigAlley » October 3rd, 2007, 8:34 pm

Maniac Mansion was an incredible game but if you are not into those types of games then it is an easy f. Anyway, check your score for Condemned; I think you gave it an A- in the 360 section.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 3rd, 2007, 10:27 pm

[QUOTE=MigAlley]

Maniac Mansion was an incredible game but if you are not into those types of games then it is an easy f. Anyway, check your score for Condemned; I think you gave it an A- in the 360 section.

[/QUOTE]

The Condemned grade was a typo but I fixed it.

Adamant1

Halloween Review Special

Postby Adamant1 » October 4th, 2007, 1:21 am

[QUOTE=MigAlley]Maniac Mansion was an incredible game but if you are not into those types of games then it is an easy f.
[/QUOTE]

I can see the logic in that, but I'm sure people who are wondering about the game would really prefer to see what someone actually into the genre has to say about it. All the Critic's review is teling me is that he didn't like the game due to him not liking the genre in the first place, which isn't exactly helpful.

DNC

Halloween Review Special

Postby DNC » October 4th, 2007, 7:58 am

i thought it was great, but no Doom games? that's like doing football* games without FIFA.

*soccer

m0zart1

Halloween Review Special

Postby m0zart1 » October 4th, 2007, 11:37 am

I mentioned this last year, but I'll ask again.  Why did you leave The Ring: Terror's Realm out from your Dreamcast listings?  I realize it is a terrible game, but you listed other terrible games with remotely horror themes.  If that's the only qualification for being on the list, it seems like that one should be there.

Return to “Review Feedback”