2007/11/14: Playstation 2: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Manhunt 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 14th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Feel free to comment on these games and their reviews.

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » November 14th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Manhunt 2 should still get an AO rating.

qubit

Postby qubit » November 14th, 2007, 8:28 pm

You were way too generous with Manhunt 2, especially with the storyline.  You want an engaging storyline?  Go play the original - now THAT was an original plot.

KanYozakura

Postby KanYozakura » November 14th, 2007, 9:03 pm

I'm confused - I thought you were reviewing the Wii version, not the PS2 version.  Does the grade stand for both?  If not, would you rate the Wii version higher or lower?  Just wondering, as I got the game for the Wii and I can't imagine playing it with a pad.

Otherwise, great reviews.  I have yet to pick up XX, but it's on the agenda.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 14th, 2007, 9:49 pm

[QUOTE=KanYozakura]I'm confused - I thought you were reviewing the Wii version, not the PS2 version.  Does the grade stand for both?  If not, would you rate the Wii version higher or lower?  Just wondering, as I got the game for the Wii and I can't imagine playing it with a pad.

Otherwise, great reviews.  I have yet to pick up XX, but it's on the agenda.

[/QUOTE]

The Wii review of the game is forthcoming, but it will most likely also get a C+ on the Wii.  The graphics are exactly the same, but the Wii controls do make the game more involving.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » November 14th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Critic, are you able to play import PS2 games? If so, you really really need to pick up [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood]Melty Blood[/URL]. If you liked Guilty Gear, you'll love this.

KanYozakura

Postby KanYozakura » November 15th, 2007, 1:50 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]The Wii review of the game is forthcoming, but it will most likely also get a C+ on the Wii.  The graphics are exactly the same, but the Wii controls do make the game more involving.
[/QUOTE]

Really?  I'd think the motion controls are worth at least half a letter grade.  Sure it sucks when you absentmindedly tilt the nunchuck and lean in one place, but other than that the controls are dynamite and really add another dimension to the game.  Plus there's a lot of bonus stuff like exclusive weapons and varying level layout.

Just my two cents, can't wait for the review!

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » November 15th, 2007, 7:15 am

I wholeheartedly agree with your Manhunt 2 review and would give it a C+ too. You really should try it with the headset for full effect, although the game doesn't match up to the original Manhunt. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the violence in this game as overrated. Even the first Manhunt was more violent than this!

KanYozakura

Postby KanYozakura » November 15th, 2007, 8:18 am

Sorry to double post Critic, but another thought came into my head last night: how did your wife react to this game?  My fiance absolutely [i]despised[/i] it, going so far as to ban me from playing it in her presence (which I did, only fair).

Michael D

Postby Michael D » November 15th, 2007, 2:20 pm

[QUOTE=KanYozakura]I'd think the motion controls are worth at least half a letter grade.[QUOTE]

Well, perhaps the score would be evened out due to the fact that the Wii version is noticably less violent that the PS2 version, and that for whatever reason, you can't skip the cutscenes in the Wii game.

However, I still think that Critic should think about playing the original Manhunt somewhere down the road, as perhaps playing that one would bring a little more perspective to the quality of the sequel.   

Return to “Review Feedback”