2008/2/8: Wii: Jenga World Tour, Soul Calibur Legends, Surf's Up

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 8th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Here are three new Wii reviews for your reading enjoyment.  Please feel free to post your thoughts on these reviews, and these games in general.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » February 9th, 2008, 12:02 am

Interesting take on Soul Caliber- though these are clearly bottom of the shelf Wii titles.

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » February 9th, 2008, 2:53 am

I will be honest, I wont get any of these games, Jenga should be a 5 Buck game....Bully for wii looks promising.
I did just Purchase Baseball Stars 2 on the virtual console and its a great NeoGeo game.

One thing Critic...Its been almost 3 years since a Game Gear review I'm getting all sad inside.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » February 9th, 2008, 2:53 am

Really surprised at the score Surf's Up got. Sure, I haven't actually played the thing, but licesed movie games like this tend to be rather blah.

I'm a big enough fan of SC that I'll probably go bargain bin hunting for Legends in a couple years.

And Jenga.. did anyone really WANT a jenga video game? At all? What's next, a Twister video game?

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 9th, 2008, 7:50 am

Adamant

Really surprised at the score Surf's Up got. Sure, I haven't actually played the thing, but licesed movie games like this tend to be rather blah.

I'm a big enough fan of SC that I'll probably go bargain bin hunting for Legends in a couple years.

And Jenga.. did anyone really WANT a jenga video game? At all? What's next, a Twister video game?

Shhh, keep your voice down Adamant...some desperate developers may hear you!

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » February 9th, 2008, 12:26 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]Really surprised at the score Surf's Up got. Sure, I haven't actually played the thing, but licesed movie games like this tend to be rather blah.
[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I played this game with the Critic a couple of weeks ago and at the time was pretty "meh" about it, but his review really did nail it.  It was more fun than I gave it credit for at the time (I was tired and run down that night), but if you like the Tony Hawk series of games you'll probably like Surf's Up.  Dave, when the weather warms up you'll have to pull this one back out for another go-round.  Actually since it's penguins and takes place in the Arctic, we should be within our legal rights to play it during the winter too.  Keep it on stand-by!
Sudz

Return to “Review Feedback”