2008/5/7: Wii: No More Heroes

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » May 9th, 2008, 4:23 pm

No, I think the approach you take is fine.  I didn't really have an issue with reading the review.

Honestly, many gamers who peruse this site probably do so for the shorter reviews.  This one is a bit longer, but I think the fact that it's a paragraph and not many paragraphs probably helps to keep the illusion alive for them.  If someone who expected that came here and saw multiple paragraphs, they might exit from the "wall of text" syndrome.

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » May 9th, 2008, 4:54 pm

I have no problem with the actual length of the review, just the format of presenting it as a single paragraph. I get "eyes glaze over" syndrome trying to read such a long, sprawling paragraph.

As you can see, it is really about a six paragraph review. I think a good visual clue for single paragraph length is if the text mostly fits within the height of the accompanying screen shot. Once you go beyond that, it actually takes effort to read, at least for me.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 9th, 2008, 5:20 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Do other people find this review hard to read because of its length?

The reason I do the single paragraphs is so when you look down my review page each review has its own neat "chunk".  Also, it helps me keep the reviews short.  If I don't limit myself, the reviews could get REALLY long.

Since I now have the green graphic dividers now, I could probably get away with breaking up the reviews into paragraphs if enough people thought it was warranted.  Comments??
[/QUOTE]

I'm with Gentlegamer on this.  I'm often getting sentences mixed up as I read from one to the other when things start to blur together.  I know it's dumb and am most likely the only one experiencing it, but actually having a paragraph for each section would eliminate that issue for me.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 9th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Ok, I reformatted it.  What do you think now?

X-pert74

Postby X-pert74 » May 9th, 2008, 7:24 pm

I'm fine with the review either way. If you want to leave it in separate paragraphs, that's fine with me. I also wouldn't mind if you changed it back to a single paragraph again.

Return to “Review Feedback”