NES: Caveman Games, Play Action Football, Urban Champion

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 14th, 2006, 10:33 am

I'd like to hear your opinions!

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » January 14th, 2006, 12:36 pm

I like Urban Champion over Karate Champ. This is because even though both games are very choppy in animation, this game is easier to play than Karate Champ. Urban Champion is not terrible, but it is not good either. Play Action Football is probably the worst NES football game (NFL is a close second because it is so slow). The bad view and slow gameplay make this game too tedious to play.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 14th, 2006, 4:05 pm

I own an E-Reader and collected every game/card set for it. It's stuff like Urban Champions, Ice Climber, and Clu Clu Land that totally blew my mind and made me realize that there was a dark time when Nintendo-made games could totally suck.

Urban Champions is TERRIBLE, worst then E.T!. Dave's review and "F" grade is entirely too kind

VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » January 16th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Actually, Urban Champion is some rather cheap fun. It's not the best game, but it is enjoyable...Especially for 2-players.

I disagree with the Caveman Games Review. It's rare to find an NES game with such...Well crafted humor and animation. Try not to laugh when you toss the second player into the saber toothed tiger! TRY!

Also, in the fire making contest (One of my favorites), you can dodge the attacks from the other player by blowing into the fire. There is alot of strategy in that mode, honestly.

It isn't perfect. Some of the levels are unplayable--Like the dinosaur race. The clubbing is fun, though. It's hard to make a good one on one fighter--At least until Street Fighter came out. Also, the mate toss is great.

I think Caveman games deserves I high score, if only for the fantastic animation.

John Rowland

Postby John Rowland » January 16th, 2006, 2:23 pm

I'm with VG robot on Caveman Games.  It's good for hours of two player fun.  But the controls do suck for some of the games.

Ben

Postby Ben » January 17th, 2006, 9:36 am

Play Action was great because it was the first football game featured on the 4score.  The game is slow but Mike Rozier has some serious wheels in the open field.  Also love the interceptions and stiff arms.  A great classic.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » January 17th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Yeah, I liked NES Play Action Football too. It's certainly no Tecmo Bowl, but it's still enjoyable.  The SNES version however, that was complete garbage.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » January 19th, 2006, 9:56 am

Urban Champion was a good game, at the time.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 21st, 2006, 1:33 am

And Styxx and Posion were good bands for their time........has no bearing on the fact it sucks monkey nuts today!

VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » January 22nd, 2006, 2:49 am

Yeah, well, games should be rated by the time which they were released, not by how they compare to games today.

You know, otherwise I would rate Halo a D, instead of the C that it would get at the time it was released. Or, what it SHOULD have gotten.

Return to “Review Feedback”