Banner Unplugged Page Updated!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 28th, 2008, 11:40 am

I updated this page to incorporate some of the new banners added over the past year, along with commentary from Mark (the artist) and myself.  I also included a "key" that names the games pictured, but it probably wasn't necessary. 

We take them for granted, but these banners are real works of art.  Hopefully we'll see more in the future.  Which are the best and worst?  Check out the page and leave your comments.

Emehr

Postby Emehr » June 28th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I was reading the description of the girl evolution banner and noticed some indecisiveness as to which character to use after Ms. Pac-Man: the girl from Donkey Kong or Samus Aran. The girl from Donkey Kong is more feminine, but existed around the same time as Ms. Pac-Man. Samus is more accurate to the evolution sequence but is not as feminine. Here's a possible solution: how about showing Samus without her suit (the gameplay sprite in the same pose)?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 28th, 2008, 11:03 pm

In retrospect, I think I prefer the Samus version.  I may be changing that soon.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » June 29th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Enjoyed the update very much.  More Mark comments, please!

Lamrock

Postby Lamrock » July 3rd, 2008, 7:45 pm

The racing game from the original banner is Gran Turismo 2.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 3rd, 2008, 11:02 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]

In retrospect, I think I prefer the Samus version.  I may be changing that soon.

[/QUOTE]

I always did prefer Samus.  If the concern is that she doesn't look like a woman with the armor on, you could always include the suitless Samus you can play with after beating the original Metroid with the best time.

Return to “Review Feedback”