2008/7/1: Atari 2600: Bugs, Mouse Trap, Tutankham

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 3rd, 2008, 6:46 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Well, it's official, you guys have all complete lost your minds!!

I will take a smooth maze game like Mouse Trap over a choppy one like Tutankam any day of the week! 

Will anybody back me up?  I'm being ambushed!![/QUOTE]

I've never played the 2600 version of Tutankam.  But I like Mouse Trap.  It's not my favorite Pac-Man clone, let alone my favorite 2600 Pac-Man clone (that would go to Alien in both cases), but it is definitely better than the 2600 port of the original Pac-Man, and I found myself enjoying it.

Bruce

Postby Bruce » July 11th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Mousetrap is just okay, not great.  If you want to play a GREAT Pacman-genre game for the 2600, check out the homebrew Ladybug (you can buy it from atariage.com).
Fantastic!

Crock1

Postby Crock1 » May 9th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I was browsing Atari 2600 videos on YouTube, and came across this one of Tutankham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mZrOZaGXVY

Anyhow, the reviewer raves about that game, and offers a strategy for beating it (who knew you had to conserve the three grenades for three specific spots in the game?).  He comments that he believes the game one of the best on the system, and to be even better than the arcade version.

So naturally I headed over here to see what kind of grade it got -- and was surprised to see it got a D+.

So which is it -- is the game great or horrible?

Jake_JacobZu7zu71

Postby Jake_JacobZu7zu71 » May 31st, 2014, 9:31 pm

I own and played both Tootin-kommin' and Mouse Trap.

I agree with everyone, Mouse Trap on 2600 is Mouse Crap!... boring,ugly to look at, and seems pointless. B+?! Did Dave play it while drunken ? I have to give it a 3rd chance... but... but... I LOVE Mouse Trap on Intellivision! So I do like that A- review of it, the more you play that one, the better it gets!

I really enjoy Tutankham on 2600, it's not at all the best 2600 game, but it's fun!
I solved three difficulty levels... and beat Todd Rogers score on Twin Galaxies. I never entered my score of 4ks to anything though, maybe time to register at High Score.com! [smile]

Parker Bros doesn't make BAD games [wink] Well... Sky Skipper was lame and was that game crash rush-a-dollar programming. [tongue]

Return to “Review Feedback”