2/4/2006: GameCube: Chaos Field, Donkey Konga 2, Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2/4/2006: GameCube: Chaos Field, Donkey Konga 2, Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 4th, 2006, 1:03 pm

Well, you guys wanted me to update my GameCube section, and I finally did.  Sorry the games had to suck so much!!

Klonoa

Postby Klonoa » February 4th, 2006, 1:08 pm

What do you have against boss battles? I love boss battles!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 4th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Okay I was exaggerating a bit, as I normally do.  Boss battles are fine when used in moderation, but when overused, they're really a drag.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » February 4th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Your "Universal Studios Theme Park" review made me LOL. I take it that the game wasn't very much fun?

Tremo01

Postby Tremo01 » February 4th, 2006, 9:03 pm

Univeral Studios Theme Park Adventure is an absolute travesty - the video game equivalent of raw sewage.

LOL

Conn

Postby Conn » February 5th, 2006, 12:31 am

Holy crap, a Gamecube update!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » February 5th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Why do you seem surprised that Donkey Konga 2's songs aren't performed by the original artists? (You wrote that part in bold letters).  The first Donkey Konga was the same way, as are most music games, as far as I'm aware.

Koopa Warrior

Postby Koopa Warrior » February 6th, 2006, 4:21 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Well, you guys wanted me to update my GameCube section, and I finally did.  Sorry the games had to suck so much!!
[/QUOTE]

OK, critic. I love your site, but you really screwed up here. Chaos Field? That may be one of the first Cube games I buy. (I am buying a Cube Fri. Feb. 10.) Donkey Konga 2? I have played that, and it rocks!!! Hell, it is own my birthday wish list! Universal Studios? Well, I admit it doesn't look very good, but I still would like to play it some day. Whew. Feels good to get that off my chest. I am sorry for ranting, you rock, Dave, and so does this herr site, yo.

LOL

Matt

P.S. PLZ E-mail me, Dave!!!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 6th, 2006, 5:45 pm

[QUOTE=Jeff]Why do you seem surprised that Donkey Konga 2's songs aren't performed by the original artists? (You wrote that part in bold letters).  The first Donkey Konga was the same way, as are most music games, as far as I'm aware.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong dude - until Konga came along I can't think of any game that didn't use original artists.  That includes hundreds of sports games (Madden, NHL Live), skateboaders/snowboarding games (Tony Hawk), racing games (Gran Turismo) and music games like Amplitude, Frequency, and Samba De Amigo.  Even the DDR games have some original artists (although most of those tracks are DJ dance remixes which don't count).  So yes, it is a new trend.

idunnowhy

Postby idunnowhy » February 6th, 2006, 8:29 pm

I'd have to agree with Koopa there-- chaos field sounds pretty awesome.  Even if it is only boss fights...

Return to “Review Feedback”