2/10/2006: Nintendo DS: Feel The Magic, Nanostray

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 10th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Leave your comments here.

Conn

Postby Conn » February 10th, 2006, 11:04 pm

Nice reviews, but I noticed you haven't removed the 'NEW' image from lder reviews (Sonic Rush, Mario Kart DS, Ridge Racer..)

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » February 10th, 2006, 11:13 pm

I figured feel the magic was a B quality game, and I aslo thought the same of nanostray.  But whatever, both are good game but I might like feel the magic a little more.  Hard to say since they are very different games though.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » February 10th, 2006, 11:43 pm

i love feel the magic. it was the game that sold me on what the DS had to offer over a standard handheld or console. the music and graphic style reminded me of Dreamcast Era Sega, when the company was willing to take risks.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » February 11th, 2006, 1:13 am

VGC....the sequal to "Feel The Magic" just hit the shelves, it's curiously called "The Rub Rabbits" instead of something logical like "Feel The Magic 2". I ordered it online but haven't recieved it yet.

According to what I've read, Sonic Team took into account peoples' complaints that "Feel The Magic" was too short and too easy. Supposedly, "Rub Rabbits" has twice as many mini-games and alot of additional content for replay value.

I felt that "Feel The Magic" was a mixed bag, for every entertaining mini-game, there were 2 boring/frustrating ones.

I've purchased "Rub Rabbits" with the attitude "maybe they'll get it right this time" and not "I loved the first game so much, I had to have the sequal".

I'll post a Zennie review here when I get my hands on "Rub Rabbits"

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 11th, 2006, 2:27 am

I haven't played NANOSTRAY, Dave, but now I will be on the LOOKOUT for it! I LOVE shooters (et tu, John? )

As For Feel the Magic, yeah, I agree it is way frustrating but I still think it deserves a B+. It was one of my very first DS games (sent by loveable ol' ZEN), and I LOVE its totally unique control and play system/ storyline. Nothing like this would be possible on anything BUT DS! And the frustration factor goes away a bit, because you can just replay games already beaten to advance (you should mention that...and also mention all the hidden RUB RABBIT icons you can find!). I cannot WAIT for the Sequal "where do babies come from (the cabbage patch of course!), I hope it makes the states!!!

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » February 11th, 2006, 3:52 pm

I've kind of been on a game-buying-losing streak lately. Chaos Field, Snood 2, Ragnagard...bleech

I hope my purchase of "Rub Rabbits" was a wise one.

Even though I don't own "WarioWare Touched", it's painfully apparent to me that it's completely superior to "Feel The Magic". I think the real question for alot of people is how "Rub Rabbits" stands up to "WarioWare Touched", not how good it is compared to "Feel The Magic".

Yes Alienblue, I'm aware of how "Rub Rabbits" fits into the "Feel The Magic" universe. I just don't see it as logical. Imagine a Mario sequal being called "Fire Flower" or a Sonic game being called "running loop". Why name a sequal after a minor element in the previous game?

Some people are gonna buy "Rub Rabbits" thinking it's a game about rabbits making love.......

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » February 11th, 2006, 4:22 pm

^^

or a mario sequel called Super Wario Land

the working title in japan was "how are babies made" or something way-too-suggestive-for-our-uptight-culture, obviously a change needed to be made for that.

Conn

Postby Conn » February 11th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Chrisbid; it was actually "Where do babies come from?"

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » February 11th, 2006, 9:18 pm

I plan on buying the rub rabbits right after I beat or just put more time into mario and luigi partners in time.  Stiil need to get electroplacton too, so many good games I never got metroid pinball either.

Return to “Review Feedback”