Starfox Adventures= ET Award?!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Andrew

Postby Andrew » April 30th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Ok, so Starfox Adventures (SFA) is certainly a bad game, and it deserves an F, however, it doesn't deserve the ET award. On IGN, the press average for it is around 8.0, and that ceratainly isn't a critical "fail" by any means. Just thought I'd let you know.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 30th, 2009, 8:27 pm

If the VGC agreed with the press, he wouldn't bother running this site!

steer

Postby steer » April 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm

I like the ET award on that game - RARE failed that franchise miserably...

Dinosaur Planet? Really? That would make a piss-poor cartoon, let alone a good game, especially an on rails shooter franchise....plus it gave us Krystal, that lalone merits the ET award w/apologies to Atarifever, et al.

Maybe change it to the Starfox Adventures Award?

Also someone should make a cartoon out of Ecitebots, maybe make 2 tribes, call them something like 'Decepticons' and 'Autobots' it could be HUUUUGE!

MappyMousePD

Postby MappyMousePD » April 30th, 2009, 9:42 pm

I'm confused, doesn't the ET award mean it flopped with the critics, not just The Critic?  Because you gave Castlevania 64 the award while giving it a B. 

Andrew

Postby Andrew » April 30th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Then keep the F, but the ET award means that critics generally hated it, and that was not the case with this game.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » April 30th, 2009, 10:21 pm

How dare you give it an F,it is a perfectly fine game yes the dinosaurs are stupid looking but the gameplay I actually have a soft-spot for,no man this game beats the pants off Command by a long shot!

This game deserves a C at least.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 1st, 2009, 7:15 pm

I'm confused, too.  I thought the ET badge meant the game was a critical flop or a game with huge expectations that ended up being a huge commercial flop.  I'm lost now.  Someone find me.

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » May 29th, 2009, 10:29 pm

The game did not deserve an F in the first place.  The game should have had a minimum grade of a B.  The game was very playable and had a variety of activities and puzzles as you went through it.  It was also one of the more visually beautiful games in the GC library.  Sure people were wanting a rail shooter like SF64...and that seems to be the reason why there was so much griping and dislike about this being more like Zelda 64.

Ganondorfdude11

Postby Ganondorfdude11 » June 1st, 2009, 2:25 am

The only problem with the game is that it wasn't supposed to be a Star Fox game in the first place. It's a reasonably competent Zelda clone and no way deserves an F. It definitely doesn't deserve the ET award because most scores for it at release were between 7 and 8, hardly ET level failure.

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » June 1st, 2009, 6:13 pm

The game got on my nerves.

Return to “Review Feedback”