3/22/2006: GameCube: SSX On Tour, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 22nd, 2006, 5:28 pm

What do you think?

welcometoyourdoom

Postby welcometoyourdoom » March 22nd, 2006, 5:53 pm

You've reviewed every SSX game in the series, yet in the SSXOT review you seemed unfamiliar with the "wind-up" spin mechanic that has been part of the SSX control scheme since day one. What gives? Are you really playing some of these games?

hi there

Postby hi there » March 22nd, 2006, 6:16 pm

you should review older gamecube games,  no one makes good gamecube games anymore.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » March 22nd, 2006, 7:28 pm

no sonic gems collection yet?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 22nd, 2006, 8:25 pm

[QUOTE=welcometoyourdoom]

You've reviewed every SSX game in the series, yet in the SSXOT review you seemed unfamiliar with the "wind-up" spin mechanic that has been part of the SSX control scheme since day one. What gives? Are you really playing some of these games?

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break dude.  In the past you could initiate spins and flips in mid-air.  I clarified this in the review.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » March 22nd, 2006, 9:05 pm

"no sonic gems collection yet? "

Just read the review for Sonic CD. "Gems" Collection is pretty much Sonic CD with some extra crap tacked on to make it seem like you're getting more for your cash (okay, you technically are, but Sonic CD is all you'll play on the disc anyway).

And yes, Shadow the Hedgehog was a horrible game. It got bad reviews all over, so I guess the next Sonic game will be more like Heroes and Adventure 2.

As for Sonic Riders... it's really that bad? I guess I'll try a rent before I buy it.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » March 22nd, 2006, 9:15 pm

Poor Sonic, what a bastardized character he's become.  Sega throws him in utter garbage all the time (and occasionaly a halfway decent 2D game).  People can say what they like about Mario, but at least Nintendo generally puts him in stuff that's fun to play.  Sonic is the arguement I always use against people who say silly stuff like "Nintendo should give up and just do software like Sega".  Yeah, because not having to try to sell systems with their best characters has really increased the level of Sega's games   Sadly, I kept lying to myself and thinking Sega wasn't making crap, but when I think about it lately, I can't think of much they've done lately that's been worth anything (Pocket Kingdom on the N-Gage aside). 

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » March 22nd, 2006, 9:24 pm

Shadow sould just get an F, the controls make the game just unplayable.  Which blows because I know there's a fun game in there just yearning to get out.

And riders deserves along a B grade in my opinion, once you get the hang of what you're doing it's pretty fun and easy.  With large well made levels and a fairly decent cast of characters.  They aren't the nintendo crew but they work well enough.  I mean my 10 year old cousin got used to the game in about 15 minutes. So it can't be that confusing.  I never quite got the hang of it but I only played 2 levels.  Seemed like a nice riff on the pretty tired cart racer genre.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » March 23rd, 2006, 9:02 am

i enjoyed sonic the fighters and sonic r, but yes, sonic cd is the cream of that collection

my point is that disc is far better than the two new sonic games

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » March 23rd, 2006, 9:36 am

Ugh I hated Sonic Gems.  Sonic CD really did not feel like a Sonic game.  Sonic R was much better but ridiculously short and I had it fully completed within 1hour 45 minutes.  Sonic the Fighters was ok but no depth.  That whole collection was a travesty.

Return to “Review Feedback”