2009/5/15: Saturn: Batsugun, Guardian Heroes, Rayman

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » April 20th, 2012, 11:45 pm

I was with with you,...but then you dared say the Jaguar version was INFERIOR to the Saturn version,....that's,...just,not true at all.

It was made with Jaguar in mind,so it really shows

If you want a game where the Saturn version is better,then Tomb Raider is what you want.

As for changing a grade,sometimes it's a good thing for people to tell him to relook into a game to see if he missed something,I hardly think that makes him "The People's Reviewer". And you're telling him what grade it should be,...and telling him to stick to his guns?

Hypocrisy much?

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » April 21st, 2012, 2:38 pm

I'm also puzzled about his comments about Rayman. It's widely considered by those that have played it to be the best version of the game. Having actually finished both the Jaguar and PSOne releases, I have no clue why he's acting like it's plainly obvious that the Jaguar version is greatly inferior to the CD releases. While there are some aspects of the PSOne release that I prefer, the Jaguar release is better overall.

It's certainly not inferior.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 22nd, 2012, 12:33 am

I've tried answering Irenicus and N64Dude's questions on as to why the Saturn version of Rayman is superior to the Jaguar version, as to why I'm not a hypocrite considering I never asked VGC to change his review score and feel he shouldn't have to just because someone disagrees with him, and other things...but it seems my last couple of posts have been blocked. 

Apparently the mods don't want to give me a chance to backup my reasoning, as they keep blocking my posts.  Sure makes the conversation one-sided and boring.

Here's to hoping this post actually goes through.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » April 22nd, 2012, 12:44 am

Suplexmachine,

Your last two posts never made it to the site because the formatting was all messed up (the messages were unreadable). I think it was because you copied and pasted Irenicus and N64Dude's names. The names are links and the forum software sometimes doesn't work well with copied-and-pasted links. They sat as pending messages for a while (I tried to fix them unsuccessfully...not sure about the other moderators) but they ended up being deleted.

In the future, please type out the other member's names rather than copying and pasting them (just like you did above). It should work.

Thanks.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 22nd, 2012, 12:55 am

^ Oh, cool...thanks for the update!  I won't use links.

Here's my message from before that got deleted:

Irenicus: I agree with you that Die Hard Arcade is a fantastic title!  I would probably give it a B+ or A-.  That game, along with Dynamite Cop! 2 on Dreamcast are both excellent fun!  I still think Guardian Heroes is better though...I'd give it an A or A+ even.

N64Dude: No.  The Saturn version was an improvement over the original JAG version of Rayman.  The Jaguar version has missing gameplay elements (Shrinking Rayman to fit through holes to enter other areas of levels) and missing sections of levels altogether!  Not to mention worse audio than the SS/PSX/PC versions, and worse control (you cannot deny how incredible the Saturn pad is for 2D shmups, fighters, and platformers...meanwhile, the JAG controller is horrific).  There is also more levels of parallax in the Saturn version's backgrounds, and of course the extra ending animations at the end of each level, and the extra audio not found in the JAG one.

Also, there is no problem with me telling VGC that I think his review is off the mark.  I never asked him to actually go back and change it.  Like I said, he needs to stick to his guns, not crumble under pressure from his readers.  I'm just saying I think he was way off in his review but I'm not demanding he change the score just for my sake!

One last thing: Why mention Tomb Raider?  It was never released for the Jaguar, so of course the Saturn version is better because it simply doesn't exist on JAG.  But, the PSX version of Tomb Raider is better than the Saturn version.  PSX version runs in a higher resolution, has less slowdown, and slightly clearer CG cinematics.

stika1

Postby stika1 » April 28th, 2012, 3:51 pm

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]The fact remains: I think your reviews for Rayman and Guardian Heroes are completely off the mark[/QUOTE]

that's not a fact, it's an opinion, I sugest you learn the difference

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]and I'm telling you so in the "Review Feedback" forum, and now you're telling me I need to watch out or I will be booted off (banned) by the moderators because of it. [/QUOTE]

reading your posts I can see why, if you can't form your ideas and opinions without insulting then you deserve to be moderated

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 28th, 2012, 5:11 pm

stika, I formed my opinions just fine.  And yes, it is a fact that, in my opinion, these two reviews are off the mark.  As a matter of fact, I do think the reviews for Rayman and Guardian Heroes are not well done.  See?  It's factual that I didn't like these two reviews.  Why?  Because it's true...I didn't like these two reviews.  And who's to know if I do or don't like something better than myself?

But, as far as opinions go, it is in my opinion that most Saturn gamers probably wouldn't agree with the Critic's reviews of Guardian Heroes and Rayman.

stika1

Postby stika1 » April 28th, 2012, 8:22 pm

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]stika, I formed my opinions just fine. [/QUOTE] the mods seem to disagree

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]And yes, it is a fact that, in my opinion, these two reviews are off the mark. As a matter of fact, I do think the reviews for Rayman and Guardian Heroes are not well done.  See?  It's factual that I didn't like these two reviews.  Why?  Because it's true...I didn't like these two reviews.  And who's to know if I do or don't like something better than myself? [/QUOTE]
is it a fact that you have an opinion? yes it is

but is that the fact of the matter? no, it is not
the only fact in the matter is that the critic posted a review, his opinion and you disagree with it.

that's it, there's nothing else to it. If you don't like it you can either create a thoughtful and respectful post explaining why you think the critic should re-do his review, or just simply write your own review in your own time and website

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]But, as far as opinions go, it is in my opinion that most Saturn gamers probably wouldn't agree with the Critic's reviews of Guardian Heroes and Rayman.
[/QUOTE]
so? reviews are just opinions. I don't agree with the Critic's opinions on most saturn or master system games either, but you don't see me crying about it

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » April 28th, 2012, 8:53 pm

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]stika, I formed my opinions just fine. [/QUOTE]

From one member to another, keep going down the road you've been going and you're going to find your time here cut short. There's a lot of patience to be found around here, but that well isn't bottomless. And if it happens, it won't be because of your opinions about videogames, reviews, or any of that. It will be because of how you've handled yourself around here.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 29th, 2012, 12:21 am

Guys...go back and read my first post in this thread.  The Critic gave a harsh review on Guardian Heroes, and I gave his review a harsh review because I felt it wasn't well done.  And we're on the Review Feedback board.  That's all. 

Return to “Review Feedback”