2009/5/15: Saturn: Batsugun, Guardian Heroes, Rayman

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » April 29th, 2012, 2:41 am

The whole forum would beg to differ. Your harsh comments, your attitude in general is an issue, whether you're posting in the reviews feedback or not. There were certainly tons of other ways to form your opinions, and you know it. I noticed here and there you'd like us mods to give you a chance. Maybe it's time
to tone down the attitude and acknowledge you worded your comments in a disrepectful manner. You're being stubborn right now, and that's not helping your case.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 29th, 2012, 2:58 am

If the way I worded my thoughts on VGC's reviews of Guardian Heroes and Rayman were so awful, why did a mod let it get posted?  It is what it is.  I'm not going to change how I feel about these two reviews.  Ban me if you must, but I don't think it's truly warranted.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » April 29th, 2012, 5:46 am

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]If the way I worded my thoughts on VGC's reviews of Guardian Heroes and Rayman were so awful, why did a mod let it get posted?  It is what it is.  I'm not going to change how I feel about these two reviews.  Ban me if you must, but I don't think it's truly warranted.
[/QUOTE]
No one is asking you to change the way you feel about the reviews. We are simply asking you to be respectful. That's nowhere near too much to ask. In fact, it should be a given. 

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » April 29th, 2012, 2:20 pm

[QUOTE=nesfan]No one is asking you to change the way you feel about the reviews. We are simply asking you to be respectful. That's nowhere near too much to ask. In fact, it should be a given. [/QUOTE]

Exactly

I'm not sure why he can't grasp this.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » April 29th, 2012, 4:56 pm

[QUOTE=Suplexmachine]TERRIBLE reviews!  

Rayman:
Like others have already said, Rayman does NOT deserve a D.  Changing it to a C- is ridiculous as well.  The game should seriously get a B at the very least.  Never rate a game down just for being hard in difficulty.  Hell, if anything too many games are too easy to beat!  Who cares if the narrator sounds like he's reading a children's book?!  It's Rayman for F's sake.  It's aimed towards kids and adults at the same time, making it wonderful.  The Jaguar version got an A-?  WTF?!  Saturn version is definitely better, and the PSX version is still better than the JAG version.  I realize you might rate games relatively to the console you're playing them on, but Rayman is a damn fine piece of software and even though Saturn has some rad games, you can't seriously think it deserves a score as bad as you've given it.  

Plus, even if you DO rate games in regards to the console's library...

...then why the hell does Guardian Heroes get a D?!  It's one of the best games on the Saturn!  Hugely replayable, practically perfect (not to mention deep) gameplay for a beat-em-up, awesome 2D graphics (although pixelated, they still animate nicely and look sharp), and the multiplayer is almost unmatched when it comes to beat-em-ups.  Did you rate it low because it costs a lot these days?  Your bad for paying so much for it then!  I don't care if a game is $100+ or $1, I would judge a game on its content.

These reviews are so off it hurts!  I can't believe some people go by The Critic's scores so religiously....it's embarrassing.  I read his reviews because I like to here people's opinions no matter who they are, but holy smokes these reviews are just plain BAD.

The worst part is the fact that The Critic has changed the scores to a review due to people calling him out on it.  At least stick to your guns.  What kind of reviewer are you?  Basing the game on your own judgement (even if it's awful judgement) or are you The People's Reviewer, who just changes the score to please the fans?  YIKES.
[/QUOTE]

Please, just read your above post again. Your disrespectful attitude is really over the top. And when people tell you to be more respectful, and at least offer constructive criticism, you go off on the "freedom of speech" rant.

Suplexmachine, you recently advised me to look in the mirror because I had a 'problem' with other posters. Might I suggest you do the same. You disagree with the VGC, fine. People here do it all the time. But your rhetoric is just inflammatory. Showing just a hint of civility goes a long way here.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » April 29th, 2012, 7:39 pm

I always kind of think that you should behave yourself on these forums similarly to how you would behave in the workplace.  Yeah, there will be differences in opinion, but you should always try to be courteous and respectful.  And if you have a disagreement with your boss (And make no mistake, the VGC is the boss of this site), you don't just go marching into his office and insult him.  If you want him to listen to you and take you seriously, you have to be respectful and use some tact.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 29th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Alrighty, lets keep this about the reviews from here on out.  It's perfectly fine to disagree with the Critic, just try to remain polite and civil.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but we don't need to be at each other's throats.

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]I feel a storm coming...

(prepares for the incoming backlash about the negative Guardian Heroes review).
[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to point out that I knew this type of reaction would happen...I predicted it back in 09 

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » April 30th, 2012, 8:29 pm

I just realized Guardian Heroes received the same score as the poor port of Doom on Saturn, and Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal, which is largely regarded as a pretty poor game.  Ghen War got a better score than Guardian Heroes too.  Interesting.

Return to “Review Feedback”