4/20/2006: Genesis: Olympic Winter Games Lillehammer 94, Vapor Trail, Whip Rush

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » April 22nd, 2006, 7:57 am

I think it's good of the VGC to go back and regrade games after putting more time into them. As he said, his time is limited and he cannot always explain every change.

In my experiance, I thought RUB RABBITS, recently, ranked right rogerly! Rong! It rendered real reads ridiculously!
(Or: I thought the game was GREAT at first but soon found out it paled next to the original FEEL THE MAGIC, though still being an "ok" game).

Many other times I have felt the same way: got a new game, thought it sucked, but turns out it was better then I thought (Mouse Trap, Mario 64) or not as good as I thought ( Space Invaders revolution, METEOS). So I'm with 'im on this 'un!

bbruzzes

Postby bbruzzes » April 22nd, 2006, 1:22 pm

If you want to see really bad representation of the Winter Games I have the game for you. I just played the NES version of Winter Games and it's garbage. The game only featured 4 events (come on, even the 2600 version managed to have more events than that), the graphics are awful and choppy, and the gameplay is cringe worthy. No surprise this version was made by Acclaim.

idunnowhy

Postby idunnowhy » April 23rd, 2006, 2:13 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]We have some different views on shooters though. I kinda liked
WHIP RUSH..surely it is not a "top" game, but it is C material. And I REALLY liked ARROWFLASH, with the opening Anime and cool "jupiter" level. And YES, Zen, I own BIOHAZZARD battle too, and while that insectoid game is the best of these, I'd still give Arrowflash a B-. Especially taking AGE in account (Whip Rush and Arowflash were two of the earliest Genny shooters, along with InsectorX... Bio-Battle came out around a year before the Genny faded away!)[/QUOTE]

yeah...nice to see some Arrow Flash love.  Wings of Wor is another side scroller that needs more love...

Return to “Review Feedback”