5/5/2006: Nintendo DS: Metroid Prime Hunters, Tetris DS

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Boston

Postby Boston » May 6th, 2006, 8:53 pm

I wrote another post before my last one but it didn't go through. In short, I said that I meant to say that the DS didn't have the same capability as the 64 or I thought at the very least it wasn't as good. I also mentioned that I mispoke myself but I didn't correct it b/c I didn't think anybody would react the way you guys did. Now that I know that Tetris DS ripped off nearly every other Tetris game that has ever been out I would give it a D+. Where is the originality??????

Boston

hi there

Postby hi there » May 6th, 2006, 11:32 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

Now that I know that Tetris DS ripped off nearly every other Tetris game that has ever been out I would give it a D+. Where is the originality??????

[/QUOTE]

What site do you get that garbage from?

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » May 7th, 2006, 3:55 am

Someone said the people "hating on Metroid are just tired of FPS in general."

Not really because it's not much of an FPS.  I and my friends are big FPS fans.  My friend has Metroid Prime and he doesn't like it much because its not an FPS.  I have played it, it does not play like an FPS.  It is an action adventure game viewed from the first person perspective.  It generally is not that appealing to FPS fans unless they also like adventure games.

I have not played Hunters, I have watched quite a few videos though of it and the video review on Gamespot.  Again it does not look like much of an FPS, far too clunky.  Good game but definitely not a great FPS.  I still think the PSP has the best FPS games so far.  As an FPS player let me tell you the reason I don't like the look of Hunters has nothing to do with not liking FPS.

Boston

Postby Boston » May 7th, 2006, 5:00 am

This site! Look at the comments! It's not garbage, according to the Critic and other viewers a lot of the modes on Tetris DS are from other Tetris games. Why don't you read the posts above. In any event, In case you didn't know, Tetris was out on the original Gameboy from about 15 years ago.

Boston

welcometoyourdoom

Postby welcometoyourdoom » May 7th, 2006, 6:43 am

I too put up a post yesterday that didn't go through. In it I said that Boston obviously doesn't know what he is talking about, as evidenced by his posts on this thread (and others, for that matter). In my opinion, its not even worth refuting his misinformation, when everyone else here seems to know better. "PSP fanboy", indeed.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » May 7th, 2006, 8:20 am

Before we start agruing which is the best handheld again, WE LET THE BEST HANDHELD IN THE WORLD slip through the cracks!! Yes, I speak of the incredible, powerful, magnificent GIZMONDO! Make no mistake, IT WILL BE BACK! How can no one not want to play such exciting games as "MAMA CAN I MOW THE LAWN"!!?? Just the title takes your breath away! LONG LIVE...er, what was it called again?
..oh yeah MIZGONDO! YES!

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » May 7th, 2006, 9:37 am

[QUOTE=hi there][QUOTE=Boston]

Now that I know that Tetris DS ripped off nearly every other Tetris game that has ever been out I would give it a D+. Where is the originality??????

[/QUOTE]

What site do you get that garbage from?

[/QUOTE]

I guess he doesn't like good Tetris games. I don't see any Tetris games on PSP at all. If he wants to play a Tetris game more suited towards his liking, he should play Tetris Worlds for X-Box. I played Madden for PSP and it takes about three minutes just to load up a poorly animated game. The control is awful, very choppy, and loads to the point where it looks like the game locked up. If I remember right, there was a real lock-up. I have Madden for DS and it plays just like the N64 Madden games, which is both good and bad. I might have to give the edge to the DS Madden because there are no load times, the animation is decent, and it doesn't lock up. It might not have that great of graphics, but I take gameplay over graphics. The PSP is all style and no substance. By the way, I am not a Nintendo fanboy. I tried to give the PSP a chance, but I don't like it. I have a PS2 and I like it.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » May 7th, 2006, 11:51 am

Chris Marsh if you like puzzle games the PSP has some of the best.

I recommend you try Lumines and Mercury.

It also has Lemmings with a LEVEL EDITOR!! (you can download others maps)

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » May 7th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Oh brother, here we go with the FANBOY junk again.

For the last time: almost everyone on here owns multiple systems and is NOT a fanboy (or girl as the case may be). A fanboy would say something like "Nintendo is the only good company!" or "Sony rules and everyone else sux!" I don't see those comments anywhere. Just because we like a game SYSTEM that happens to be made by company X does not mean we are loyal butt-kissers to company X!!!

Again; I have a SANYO TV set. So am I a SANYO fanboy? I think not, I bought it cause it had a good picture and was the cheapest 31 inch stereo set there. Sitting beside it are a EMERSON DVD player and RCA VCR! AND a SNES, Genesis, and PSX! We are all VIDEO GAME FANS....boys!

hi there

Postby hi there » May 7th, 2006, 1:49 pm

And just to let you all know, the DS and PSP were never made to compete against each other...

The DS was not made for tradiontal games, (thats basically the cause of the medcore games in the DS libary) But the PSP is.

Now stop these pointless disscussions.

Return to “Review Feedback”