5/5/2006: Nintendo DS: Metroid Prime Hunters, Tetris DS

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 15th, 2006, 7:37 am

That argument makes no sense.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 15th, 2006, 11:13 am

I'm amazed this thread is still going or that people are still arguing about the n-gage.

a1

Postby a1 » June 16th, 2006, 4:28 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

I'm amazed this thread is still going or that people are still arguing about the n-gage.

[/QUOTE]

I for one was amazed the n-gage still exists.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 16th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Why wouldn't it be Nokia are now using it as an experiment to test their digital distribution setup.  When a company is as reach as Nokia there is little need to drop a product line.  And due to the small amount of competition what games are released have a pretty closed market.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 16th, 2006, 6:55 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Why wouldn't it be Nokia are now using it as an experiment to test their digital distribution setup.  When a company is as reach as Nokia there is little need to drop a product line.  And due to the small amount of competition what games are released have a pretty closed market.

[/QUOTE]

But the N-gage DOESN'T exsist anymore.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 16th, 2006, 7:06 pm

My spelling really is bad this time of night! I meant rich not reach.

voor

Postby voor » December 17th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Anyone still playing hunters?  Anyone annoyingly good at it yet (online)?

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » December 18th, 2006, 1:57 am

[QUOTE=voor]

Anyone still playing hunters?  Anyone annoyingly good at it yet (online)?

[/QUOTE]

I have a group of friends from Gamespot who play it regularly.  I've joined in from time to time, but I get tired of having my arse thoroughly kicked.

I think the key to winning battles in that game is to memorize the area designs.  Once you do that you have a much easier time whipping arse.  I am just not interested enough to do that.

a1

Postby a1 » July 8th, 2007, 4:09 am

I just picked up Hunters (took me long enough) and I've played quite a bit, had a good time, and would give it at least a B at this point. I remember you gave it a C, so I went back and looked at your review. I have no big problems with it-I certainly can't, and don't, agree with all of your reviews- aside from this one line, "The truth of the matter is, Hunters is a standard first-person shooter (FPS) with PS1 quality graphics."

I'm sorry critic, but for someone who has played as many games as you have, your eye for graphics is quite a bit off. Metroid Prime Hunters may not have impressive graphics by todays standards, but it does not have PS1 quality graphics. I can't think of too many 64 games that rival its graphics, much less any PS1 games. The quality of the graphics are pretty impressive for the system, and are better than the graphics of Mario 64 DS, which I might remind you is a ported 64 game with updated graphics. The cutscenes look incredible, and while everything has jaggies, there is still a remarkable amount of detail for such a powerless system. I just wouldn't think that you of all reviewers would knock on the game for its graphics.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » July 8th, 2007, 8:54 pm

[QUOTE=a]I just picked up Hunters (took me long enough) and I've played quite a bit, had a good time, and would give it at least a B at this point. I remember you gave it a C, so I went back and looked at your review. I have no big problems with it-I certainly can't, and don't, agree with all of your reviews- aside from this one line, "The truth of the matter is, Hunters is a standard first-person shooter (FPS) with PS1 quality graphics."

I'm sorry critic, but for someone who has played as many games as you have, your eye for graphics is quite a bit off. Metroid Prime Hunters may not have impressive graphics by todays standards, but it does not have PS1 quality graphics. I can't think of too many 64 games that rival its graphics, much less any PS1 games. The quality of the graphics are pretty impressive for the system, and are better than the graphics of Mario 64 DS, which I might remind you is a ported 64 game with updated graphics. The cutscenes look incredible, and while everything has jaggies, there is still a remarkable amount of detail for such a powerless system. I just wouldn't think that you of all reviewers would knock on the game for its graphics.
[/QUOTE]

You are right on the money, a. I didn't realize myself how much better the DS's 3D graphics are when compared to the N64 until I started playing N64 games on the Virtual Console. Now I know: it's not even close. Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart DS, and Star Fox DS are all vastly superior graphically to anything on the N64.

-Rob

Return to “Review Feedback”