reviews where the critic is way off?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
TedE.Bear

Postby TedE.Bear » September 11th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Put me down in agreement on disagreeing that Night Stalker isn't getting the VGC love it deserves.  I was in disbelief about the poor grade - I had to reread the review to see for myself.

It does take a while but once the action ramps up with fast-moving robots there is some good fun to be had.  Granted, it would be nice to be able to shoot while moving but the Intellivision keypad is an excellent use for firing directional shots. 

I LOVE the Intellivision controller!!!

Not Available

Postby Not Available » September 30th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Am I the only one that thought playing Russian Roulette with yourself was more fun that playing Resident Evil 4? Because I just want to punch anyone who says Resident Evil 4 is the greatest game ever made.

Ruudos1

Postby Ruudos1 » October 1st, 2010, 5:59 pm

Section Z.

He just got his facts wrong on this game. You can see your energy level on the screen. And it's certainly doesn't deserve a F.

a1

Postby a1 » October 1st, 2010, 6:41 pm

[QUOTE=Not Available]Am I the only one that thought playing Russian Roulette with yourself was more fun that playing Resident Evil 4? 
[/QUOTE]

Yes. Absolutely.

gilly

Postby gilly » October 8th, 2010, 9:59 pm

[QUOTE=Not Available]Am I the only one that thought playing Russian Roulette with yourself was more fun that playing Resident Evil 4? Because I just want to punch anyone who says Resident Evil 4 is the greatest game ever made.
[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 4 is one of the top 10 greatest games ever made.
If you disagree with that it's fine. But to say it's boring makes you dead.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » October 9th, 2010, 12:31 am

[QUOTE=Not Available]Am I the only one that thought playing Russian Roulette with yourself was more fun that playing Resident Evil 4?[/QUOTE]

Are you speaking from experience?

If so, "Oh cruel fate to be thusly boned!"

[QUOTE=Not Available]Because I just want to punch anyone who says Resident Evil 4 is the greatest game ever made.[/QUOTE]

Reading your posts is like watching a Rattlesnake make love to a Venus Flytrap.

"Ask not for whom the bone bones.  It bones for thee!"

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » October 9th, 2010, 4:57 am

Turok 2's F I find rather undeserved. It's hardly a great game, and the "expansive FPS adventure" idea is still kinda lousy, but it addresses a lot of the original's flaws. The stages are more streamlined making exploring easier, necessary items aren't hidden in ridiculously hard-to-find places, enemies don't respawn every five seconds, the game is less stingy on ammunition (a ridiculously huge fault with the original), the locales are more varied, the enemies are more varied, save points are more commonplace (though still annoyingly rare), you can actually see more than a meter in front of you (the original had more fog than any game I've ever seen), there's far less annoying platforming segments... I could go on and on. No way is this game worse than it's prequel.

Bunnycorn

Postby Bunnycorn » October 9th, 2010, 11:44 am

[QUOTE=Not Available]Am I the only one that thought playing Russian Roulette with yourself was more fun that playing Resident Evil 4? Because I just want to punch anyone who says Resident Evil 4 is the greatest game ever made.
[/QUOTE]

I can say that I enjoyed Resident Evil 4, I wouldn't say best game ever made, but I still liked it a lot. However, I am going to bet 20 bucks you never actually PLAYED the game, considering every time I see you at a forum, you keep calling it a FPS game, when it is, in fact, a Survival Horror game.

Laytruce

Postby Laytruce » October 9th, 2010, 11:44 am

Well, there are two reviews where I really disagree with the Critic, both of them handheld games.

First, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA). He mentions poor control, but I think the game controls just fine. Calling the stage designs a nightmare seems far too harsh. Sure, they're repetitive, but there's nothing else wrong with them.
Then there's his complaint about the placement of save points. I don't know about you, but I think it's common sense to make sure you've found a nearby save point before engaging a boss. And finally, is he berating the game because it makes you slide?

The second one is Mega Man: Powered Up on the PSP. Granted, he does have some valid points (like the inexcusable slowdown), but the main gripe I have with his review is how he berates the game for being politically correct. He says that Mega Man goes over to his defeated opponent and asks if he's okay. The thing is, I've never seen him do this a single time. The defeated boss explodes, Mega Man jumps in the air and shouts 'Alright!'. I really don't know where he got that from.

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » October 10th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Resident Evil 4 is my fave RE & top 5 ALL-TIME favorite game. Just goes to show U how gamers are different.

I agree that Night Stalker on the Intellevision was Awesome!

But......

It is extremely slow. The player moves like a snail. Back then games didn't need to have a fast pace like today. Honestly I loved Night Stalker back in 1982, but if I had never played it before & played it for the 1st time today I probably wouldn't like it. It's just so slow. This may be an example of one of those games that you have to enjoy during its time.

I wish Night Stalker would get an update in graphics w/ a faster pace. That would be sweet.  

Return to “Review Feedback”