Sega CD Soulstar

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Paul phalno

Sega CD Soulstar

Postby Paul phalno » February 21st, 2011, 3:17 pm

Hey Dave, I think Soulstar deserves a better score than a 'C'. It should be AT LEAST a 'B" or plus.. The reason being is that it does everyting the sega cd was supposed to do, provide cd music and utilise the scaling and rotation of the custom ASIC chip which (Thunderstrike, Battlecorps, and BC Racers and Soulstar ) use. Pay through it and I am sure U will appreciate what the Sega CD COULD have been. Keep up the great work.

Paul Westphal

Verm1

Sega CD Soulstar

Postby Verm1 » February 22nd, 2011, 4:43 am

So every PS3 Move or Xbox360 Kinect game should get their scores raised, just because they use them?

Samael.

Sega CD Soulstar

Postby Samael. » February 23rd, 2011, 12:52 am

Soul Star crushed me when I owned it. I wanted to love it, but it was so very tedious...it really needed pruning.

I'd probably enjoy it more now, as a tech demo, but the current grade seems more than fair.

Sut

Re: Sega CD Soulstar

Postby Sut » May 31st, 2018, 3:52 am

This is a game that demands a time investment to get the most from it.

At first you will be amazed with the graphics and presentation it could easily pass for a 32-bit title.

Then you will grow frustrated at the copter controls and seemingly steep difficulty curve the game has. Eventually though it will all click into place. You’ll grasp the controls, you’ll devise strategies for each sub level and when to use your special weapons and it suddenly becomes a fun, challenging and diverse shooter with 3 distinctive play styles.

The game really could have done with either a save or password system to circumvent that initial difficulty curve. Which is slightly odd as Core’s other scaler games had a save system.

I would definitely recommend playing this game, but you will need to stick with it and battle on. You will dislike it at points but once you’ve got to grips with what the game asks of you there is a rewarding shooter here.

Return to “Review Feedback”