5/30/2006: GameCube: Mario Superstar Baseball, Odama

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 30th, 2006, 10:27 pm

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these reviews!
Dave

hi there

Postby hi there » May 30th, 2006, 11:10 pm

I was surprised when i saw your review of Odama, i never expected a C+.

I trashed the game due to clunky mic control and high difficulty...I guess i'd better try it again.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » May 30th, 2006, 11:32 pm

I couldn't have written them better myself. I agree with almost everything about Mario Baseball, but with practice I became a good batter. There's nothing in video games today that really compares to seeing Toad smack a go ahead Grand Slam. I think the mini-games are terrible, yet the one player game is oddly addictive. Base-running in the game is terrible.

Odama consumed me for a day or two. This line from your review is great: "My abysmal performance and lack of progress did not prevent me from playing Odama for hours on end." LOL. Amen brother! I played the game thouroghly until you get to the mountain stage that goes around 360 degrees. That bottleneck battle wore me completely out. It reminds me too much of Beltway Traffic on a Friday. Also, when you were successful in a battle... there was little satisfaction to it. Maybe that's how real war feels.

Also try out Battalion Wars and Chibi Robo when you have the time and the $$$. Those were some great original games released in the last year for the cube.

Cousin Vinnie

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » May 31st, 2006, 11:08 am

Yes, good reviews Critic. I hate Odama's insane difficulty, because the microphone commands are really lame. Mario Baseball, however, is really good. I was discouraged by its baserunning AI, it cheats SO MUCH!

dreary79

Postby dreary79 » May 31st, 2006, 2:04 pm

I was hoping Mario Baseball would have been a little better.  I still have more fun playing Super Baseball 2020 than just about any baseball game.

Return to “Review Feedback”