2011/5/14: Wii: Boy and his Blob, A, De Blob, Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2011/5/14: Wii: Boy and his Blob, A, De Blob, Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 14th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Here are three brand new Wii reviews that I've been working on for some time.  Love to hear your feedback.

Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » May 14th, 2011, 6:56 pm

I own De Blob, and I can say that it's fun, but gets repetitive after a few hours. That's why I enjoy it in small doses.

Never played Boy and his Blob, or Super Mario All Stars, but I want to get those.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » May 14th, 2011, 7:56 pm

Did you try the classic controller with Super Mario All-Stars? I don't have any issues using the Wiimote, but I've seen others say it seems to solve the slight bit of controller lag that I think you were alluding to.

DanZero1

Postby DanZero1 » May 14th, 2011, 8:22 pm

On the Super Mario All Stars review, I think you meant to say the controls are not quite as good as the original.

QF

Postby QF » May 14th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Did you get the scores on All Stars and Boy and Blob reversed or something?

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » May 14th, 2011, 10:13 pm

The reviews seem to mirror the scores. I imagine this line is the reason why it recieved a lower score than I think you thought it was going to based off most of the review.

"There's a lot to like, but A Boy and his Blob takes too long to gain traction, and the early stages are downright sleep-inducing! There is little sense of excitement, although that huge cobra boss certainly got my attention. Even in the advanced stages I could only play for short sessions."

That's a fairly serious problem, even if the game does a lot of stuff well in other areas.

Bunnycorn

Postby Bunnycorn » May 14th, 2011, 10:17 pm

I'm starting to get peeved by your disdain for originality. It's like every game that tries to be original gets a bad grade, regardless of how fun it is. I've seen many grades on the site for original games that I would strongly disagree with. Your grades for Okami and Patapon come to mind when I think of it. Sure, there are the games that try to be original but fail, but even the ones that SUCCEED get bad grades here.

Personally, I enjoyed DeBlob. It wasn't the greatest game ever, but I personally enjoyed it.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » May 14th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Edit - Decided it wasn't really my place to be addressing your criticism, although I tend to disagree with it, so I've edited out my response.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » May 15th, 2011, 1:47 am

Critic, I have noticed a stronger maturity in your writing style in the last year or so, while keeping the reviews funny and light. You are doing an excellent job. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 15th, 2011, 8:55 am

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]Critic, I have noticed a stronger maturity in your writing style in the last year or so, while keeping the reviews funny and light. You are doing an excellent job. [/QUOTE]

Funkmaster -
That's a very astute observation!  I have noticed the same thing myself.  I hope it doesn't turn people off.  Thanks for the feedback.
Dave

Return to “Review Feedback”