6/10/2006: Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Wario Ware Touched

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

6/10/2006: Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Wario Ware Touched

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Voice your opinions here!

Boston

Postby Boston » June 10th, 2006, 8:03 pm

I think you are out of mind with your Mario review but that's just me. The fact that the game is too easy and too short should factor in your grade. I respect your reviews but I often have wondered if you remain objective when it comes to Nintendo. As far as I am concerned any game you can blow through in 3 hours or less doesn't deserve an A+. You certainly are consistent with the rest of the reviews on the web on this one. I am glad I rented this one, it wouldn't be worth the $35 or $40.

Boston

Boston

Postby Boston » June 10th, 2006, 8:12 pm

So was Princess Peach easier then Mario? If not then how come it wasn't an issue with the Mario review? I can't imagine a game easier then this Mario edition. I also want to point out regarding my last post that I liked the game but the length and ease really was a disappointment.

Boston

YoshiXP

Postby YoshiXP » June 10th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I had a feeling New SMB would get an A+. I was thinking it wouldn't but it did! I have to agree with everything in that review critic. I haven't played Super Princess Peach so I can't judge it. I played a little bit of WarioWare Touched, and what I did play was awsome.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 10th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Those were pretty dead on, peach was to dull to keep my playing not bad just dull.  I contimplated maybe a B-  for its old school charm but C is more than apt.  Tocuhed is pure love and mario was great too.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2006, 9:00 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

So was Princess Peach easier then Mario? If not then how come it wasn't an issue with the Mario review? I can't imagine a game easier then this Mario edition. I also want to point out regarding my last post that I liked the game but the length and ease really was a disappointment.

[/QUOTE]

Boston,

You may want to consider reading my reviews before commenting on them.  In my New Super Mario Bros review I stated:

"Some have accused this game of being somewhat short and easy, but don't believe it."

That means I did NOT find it to be particularly easy.  As the other reader mentioned, Princess Peach was dull.

And yes, Nintendo is paying me big bucks for these reviews, so please don't blow it for me! 

Dave

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » June 10th, 2006, 9:34 pm

He took about 8 months between Gamecube reviews, Boston... I don't think he has a secret motive.

Vin

Klonoa

Postby Klonoa » June 10th, 2006, 9:51 pm

I'm not sure that NSMB deserved an A+ (it deserved an A- or A at least though), but I'm glad you agree that it's a great game.

... the fact is that NSMB is worth $40 easily.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » June 10th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Super Princess Peach feels very stale and recycled. One thing Dave didn't mention is this........each stage has 3 hidden Toads to find. If you don't find each and every little Toad in each stage, you are unable to unlock the last stage and therefore can't beat the game. This is an extremely cheap/poor way to make SPP longer and/or harder. Even going through that crap, the game is still too short and easy. I'd like to request that the VGC makes reference to the Toad-collecting-requirment thing, it's really poor game design in my opinion.

New Super Mario Bros........you must understand the INTENT of the game. The reason why there's no Yoshi, why Mario can't fly, or a million other things.........it's New Super Mario Bros, not New Super Mario World or New Super Mario Bros 3. You have to go into this game realizing it's meant to be faithfull to the simple orginal Super Mario Bros. Dave realized this and therefore enjoyed the game. I wouldn't give it an A+ either, I wouldn't give the actual NES orginal Super Mario Bros an A+ either. It is too short, I'll agree. But would you rather play this or Super Princess Peach?? I'd give this game a B+

Boston

Postby Boston » June 10th, 2006, 10:20 pm

I did read your review and find it hard to believe that you would find the Mario game difficult. If you really did you are about the only one that I know of that didn't find the game too easy. I find this laughable that someone with your experience couldn't breeze through this game in a few hours. So my point is that this part of your review is misleading. It doesn't take away from the fact that the game is good (I really think it is a B+ game at best BUT that isn't important) I just think your reveiw is misleading. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I promise not to blow your cover that you truly are a Nintendo cronie.

Return to “Review Feedback”