6/10/2006: Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Wario Ware Touched

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Boston

6/10/2006: Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Wario Ware Touched

Postby Boston » June 13th, 2006, 6:42 pm

To each his own I guess...I find treasure hunts to be BORING and just a cheap gimmick to improve a games length. If you are into it that is fine, it's just not for me. If you are playing this game for 50 to a 100 hours I think it is time for you to get a job man!

YoshiXP

Postby YoshiXP » June 17th, 2006, 11:12 am

Okay, maybe I exagerated when I said "100 Hours." But 50 hours is realistic though. And I am too young to get a job anyways so I'll just ignore that last line. I'm the type of person that just loves exploring. And I thought the level design in that game was suberb. There are quite a few stages I loved enough that made me want to go back.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 31st, 2006, 3:29 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

I did read your review and find it hard to believe that you would find the Mario game difficult. If you really did you are about the only one that I know of that didn't find the game too easy. I find this laughable that someone with your experience couldn't breeze through this game in a few hours. So my point is that this part of your review is misleading. It doesn't take away from the fact that the game is good (I really think it is a B+ game at best BUT that isn't important) I just think your reveiw is misleading. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I promise not to blow your cover that you truly are a Nintendo cronie.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it to be easy either, or too short for that matter.

I don't think a review can really be "misleading".  It's the opinion of a reviewer, and in this case, one that comes as close to objective as possible.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 31st, 2006, 3:32 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x

I was under the impression Miyamoto was more a of a figure head now than anything.  Does he still have a big hand in actually developming the games?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he is still involved.  He doesn't do grunt development work, but remains the chief designer for most of the games.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 31st, 2006, 3:35 pm

[QUOTE=Conn]Personally I think NSMB isn't A+ worthy (though definetly A- or A), but to each his own. Of course, I had been playing Mario World and Yoshi's Island before New Super Mario Bros., so that might have affected my judgement (since really, NSMB didn't have Luigi, flying power-ups, Kuribo's Shoe and the like).[/QUOTE]

NSMB does have Luigi.  To play as Luigi, you have to hold the left and right triggers down, and select either a new game or an existing saved game with the 'A' button rather than the stylus.  Your game will play as Luigi.

No, NSMB didn't have flying power-ups, but it did have the Mega Mario power-up and the Micro Mario power-up... both of which are fun, and the former of which is downright hilarious.

Conn

Postby Conn » July 31st, 2006, 5:47 pm

This is true. However Luigi plays the exact same as Mario, while he has been a lot more floaty ever since SMB2 US.

voor

Postby voor » March 4th, 2007, 3:38 pm

I've been playing Yoshi's Island DS, and it makes me want to knock NSMB down to a C.  The levels are much bigger, better designed, and it has unique boss battles...not the same one recycled over and over.

Of course, I perfered the original (for SNES) over Super Mario World...but this version just shows more effort than NSMB. 

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » March 4th, 2007, 4:45 pm

[QUOTE=Conn]This is true. However Luigi plays the exact same as Mario, while he has been a lot more floaty ever since SMB2 US.[/QUOTE]

Since the original japanese SMB2, actually. However, Luigi was a Mario clone in every game after that, all the way up to Super Mario Advance 2 (SMA doesn't count, since that was a remake of a game were he already had those powers).

a1

Postby a1 » March 5th, 2007, 1:54 am

[QUOTE=voor]

I've been playing Yoshi's Island DS, and it makes me want to knock NSMB down to a C.  The levels are much bigger, better designed, and it has unique boss battles...not the same one recycled over and over.

Of course, I perfered the original (for SNES) over Super Mario World...but this version just shows more effort than NSMB. 

[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I'd give the new Yoshi's Island a C...because it wasn't fun.

Return to “Review Feedback”