2011/10/15: Nintendo 3DS: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 15th, 2011, 12:14 pm

This is a mediocre 3DS title.  Like many 3DS games, it feels like a rehash.  The shooting is okay, but the bright scenery and short stages fail to build up any suspense or excitement.

How do you like this review?  I like to see feedback!

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » October 15th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Probably worth noting that 99% the "flak" Capcom received was from idiots who thought the game was a full-fledged adventure game that could only be played through once per copy. Negativity from people who actually understood that it was an arcade title that just didn't allow for hi score lists to be reset was mostly non-existant.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » October 15th, 2011, 3:44 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]Probably worth noting that 99% the "flak" Capcom received was from idiots who thought the game was a full-fledged adventure game that could only be played through once per copy. Negativity from people who actually understood that it was an arcade title that just didn't allow for hi score lists to be reset was mostly non-existant.[/QUOTE]

http://www.1up.com/news/resident-evil-mercenaries-save-gaffe-wont-happen-again

Here's an article saying that it won't happen again

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » October 15th, 2011, 4:04 pm

And on your review, critic, I thought it was very well written and I liked the "shooting black people in africa ya racist bastard" quote. I'm glad the game can be played more than once, but depending on what type of gamer you are, you may or may not want to play it again. Great review!

Michael D

Postby Michael D » October 15th, 2011, 4:13 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]Probably worth noting that 99% the "flak" Capcom received was from idiots who thought the game was a full-fledged adventure game that could only be played through once per copy. Negativity from people who actually understood that it was an arcade title that just didn't allow for hi score lists to be reset was mostly non-existant.[/QUOTE]

It still was worth him pointing it out in the review and he didn't give off the aura that he was using that as the main basis behind giving it a lower score, unlike many other critics.  And hey; if you want to talk about ridiculous, uninformed and knee-jerk angry reactions from people over a Capcom game, just look at the reaction over the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » October 15th, 2011, 5:35 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy]
http://www.1up.com/news/resident-evil-mercenaries-save-gaffe-wont-happen-again

Here's an article saying that it won't happen again

[/QUOTE]

Well of course, if a bunch of idiots mistakenly think you've wronged them, and you want their business, you need to bend over and apologize even though you did nothing wrong, and it only became an "issue" because terrible journalists were misrepresenting your product. 

[QUOTE=Michael D]  It still was worth him pointing it out in the review and he didn't give off the aura that he was using that as the main basis behind giving it a lower score, unlike many other critics. [/QUOTE]

It... honestly isn't worth pointing out at all. None of the "controversy" or "complaints" were about the inability to delete hi scores, but about the non-existant inability to start a non-exisiting adventure game over from the beginning, a "controversy" that only existed because of bad journalism.

James M

Postby James M » October 15th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Well this games sounds fun and it is nice to see an independent review.

Why, I guess I have never seen a game review knock a game for requiring Pay DLC or online subscriptions, but then again I do not read many reviews.

Anyhow, when I pick up my 3DS on Black Friday this game may well get a look from me.

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » October 16th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Mr. Critic- Love the zombie reviews. Dead Island maybe? Maybe once Halloweens over you'll remember that basketball season didn't start. NBA 2K12 review?

Return to “Review Feedback”