Got a Vita

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Got a Vita

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2012, 12:22 pm

As I was expecting I got a Playstation Vita for Christmas.  I like the feel of the machine.  It's lightweight but feels solid.  The buttons feel good except I never liked those shoulder buttons on top of the system.

Got the Black Ops: Unclassified bundle.  One thing I noticed right away is that the game does not come with a case - despite the fact that the case is shown on the front cover!  That little cartridge is the size of a toe nail - where I am supposed to store that thing?

Also, before playing the game I had the obligatory lengthy system update.  This thing is like a mini PS3.

More to come...

darkrage61

Got a Vita

Postby darkrage61 » December 25th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Are you gonna get the Uncharted game for it?  I usually store my portable games in a desk drawer.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Got a Vita

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2012, 6:05 pm

As long as the Uncharted is an original title and not just a scaled down version of a PS3 game.  I'm also interested in Wipeout and Hot Shots (in the spring).

If anybody has any good Vita recommendations I'd like to hear them!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Got a Vita

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Put my Vita on a network so I could try a little Black Ops multiplayer.  It was a hassle as usual.  When I tried to set up a Playstation Network account I must have entered my birthday wrong because now it insists that I need to set up some Guardian account via my PC before proceeding.  And of course there's no way to go back and correct my birthday date.  Fail!  You know, I really don't think I need this thing on the net anyway.  

darkrage61

Got a Vita

Postby darkrage61 » December 25th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Golden Abyss is an original title, it's a prequel to the first game in the series.  Resistance:Burning Skies and Retro City Rampage look pretty cool as well.

vegas83

Got a Vita

Postby vegas83 » December 25th, 2012, 8:45 pm

The Vita is a great little hand held, the graphics are superb and sound is great. I personally enjoy Little Big Planet and Hot Shots Golf. I also really enjoy the cross over play with MLB the Show and Playstation Allstar Battle Royale, all your stats and level transfer over from one to the other. The only is issue is there are no original titles and most are ports but good ports none the less.
Enjoy the Vita Critic.

Vegas833

porynog1

Got a Vita

Postby porynog1 » December 26th, 2012, 10:57 am

Yeah in regards to the pack-in game. When I got my original PSP it was a similar case. I don't want a flimsy piece of cardboard for my copy of Daxter, haha. I wanna get a Vita it's just so expensive.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Got a Vita

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 26th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Black Ops: Unclassified is a lot of fun.  Plenty of single-player modes too.  

I've heard some critics complain that the missions that short and scaled back, but isn't that what you WANT in a portable system?  

Oltobaz1

Got a Vita

Postby Oltobaz1 » December 26th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Get Gravity Rush. It's an original game, with features you won't find anywhere else. It's really great, even more so if you're into anime, Miyazaki style.

Irenicus1

Got a Vita

Postby Irenicus1 » December 31st, 2012, 1:10 pm

Congrats Critic. I'd like to get a Vita, but so far no games are screaming at me to get. I'd love to see some cool compilations, Taito, SNK, Capcom, Konami, Data East, Genesis, Turbo Grafyx 16 & more more more. I'd also like tactics games like Advance Wars & Tactics Ogre. I thought the Vita was supposed to have an impressive launch selection, but when I go to stores I only see about 20 games.  

Return to “Video Games General”