Wii U will be okay

General and high profile video game topics.
Leo1

Wii U will be okay

Postby Leo1 » January 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm

I've now joined the Wii U camp. [smile]

m0zart1

Wii U will be okay

Postby m0zart1 » January 1st, 2014, 2:55 pm

[QUOTE=Josh]Get a 2DS - my son got one for Christmas and I think it's great. I love the feel of it in your hands - feels like an old school Gameboy.
I agree though - the 3D thing is poorly executed - having to keep a handheld in a certain position all the time is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree at all.  It's probably one of the best executed 3D experiences I've ever had.  I especially enjoy it on the larger XL screen.

I rarely play the 3DS game without 3D on.  Only if it's battery is running now and I don't have a nearby power plug do I turn it off or down.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Wii U will be okay

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 1st, 2014, 3:27 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]I've now joined the Wii U camp. [smile][/QUOTE]

I'll be looking forward to your analysis of the system once you break it in.

Atarifever1

Wii U will be okay

Postby Atarifever1 » January 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Sudz][QUOTE=snakeboy]I didn't realize you are forced to "huddle in a corner" with the game pad on the Wii U and to use the 3D with the 3DS. The great thing about these systems is that you are given options of how you want to play (For the record I still would rather play games on the big screen, but it's great to be able to play on the game pad when the TV isn't available).[/QUOTE]

Snakeboy I made that comment based on what Paul123 stated earlier:
"...it is so nice that they are excited to go huddle in a corner with a blanket over their heads and continue the game."

It's great that Paul's family takes advantage of this aspect of the Wii U, which is why I started my post stating that the tablet has some utility for some folks, but just isn't a draw for me.  But I honestly wasn't aware you could simply turn off the 3D effect on the 3DS.  But that leads me to wonder... then why buy it?  What does it offer, aside from 3D, that the DSi doesn't?
[/QUOTE]

Mario 3D Land
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi Mansion
Mario Kart 7
Mario Sticker Star
Pilotwings Resort
Steam World Dig
Gunman Clive

I could go on - but we get the point!  [wink][/QUOTE]
Zelda a Link between Worlds is the only necessary answer. It's the best game in the world in about the last two decades. I'm not saying not liking it is a sin, but there are a couple questions about it on the entrance test at the Pearly Gates.

Segatarious1

Wii U will be okay

Postby Segatarious1 » January 1st, 2014, 6:40 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic][QUOTE=Leo]I've now joined the Wii U camp. [smile][/QUOTE]

I'll be looking forward to your analysis of the system once you break it in.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Leo just got a Wii U? I thought he had one at launch! *mind blown*

Return to “Video Games General”