Buy A Wii U

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Buy A Wii U

Postby Atarifever1 » February 3rd, 2014, 8:31 am

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]I held onto my Wii U, PS3, 3DS, and top loader nes. Everything else went.[/QUOTE]
That is a pretty sweet console collection. Counting VC and indie downloads, I think you're set for life. I have a few more than that, but it's close. I don't have a PS3 yet or Wii U, but I have a Wii that is BC with Gamecube, a 7800 that is also a 2600, and my NES is portable (but does also plug into the TV when you need it to, complete with wireless controllers). I downsized as well, but there's an awful lot of gaming in what I kept.

Segatarious1

Buy A Wii U

Postby Segatarious1 » February 3rd, 2014, 9:28 am

@Leo

I am not being defensive or supportive. I was responding to your allegations and assumptions.

When in the release date of Zelda U, by the way? Do you know? Nope. And neither do I.

Is Nintendos 'financial situation' as 'shaky' as you make it sound? Nope. There is a lot more to it.

Certainly Wii U is under performing to a great degree, and the 3DS to some degree, and the company is going to retool because of that. All facts.  So, the Pres of company talks to INVESTORS  -  people they cannot B.S. -by law, and said that they will continue to support Wii U, release their software investments to their console base, such as it is, and use the platform  as an experiment ground for game pricing, which is one of the major factors in the game market now that is kicking their butt.  All facts.

So - where do you get this cancellation/abandonment idea from?

Source it, I challenge you. Is it an IGN blog?

I am quoting the investor meeting and state of Nintendo address.

Leo1

Buy A Wii U

Postby Leo1 » February 3rd, 2014, 1:13 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]I was responding to your allegations and assumptions.[/QUOTE]

That's just it... there wasn't anything to respond to since I was simply telling Weekend Warrior that I'm so happy with my purchase that even if it ended now, I'm satisfied.

Yet you did your usual glossing over, decided I actually had said something something very much different than I had, and leaped to the Nintendo defensive while taking a jab at me. 

[QUOTE=Segatarious]When in the release date of Zelda U, by the way? Do you know? Nope. And neither do I.
[/QUOTE]

?????????

I'm willing to take a guess though if we're suddenly on a topic that wasn't being discussed. If everything stays on track, my money is on a timeframe of September-November 2015. Lots of signs I think point towards then. 

[QUOTE=Segatarious]So - where do you get this cancellation/abandonment idea from?

Source it, I challenge you. Is it an IGN blog? [/QUOTE]

?????????

Reread post 32 since it doesn't say what you're still acting like it does. How can I defend something I never suggested was going to happen? 

http://dmrozek.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1281415684&postcount=32

BanjoPickles1

Buy A Wii U

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 8th, 2014, 5:23 pm

I'm not going to go into some long rebuttal, but I'll point out some of the things that I'm pretty disappointed with:

-Virtual Console. As somebody who does tend to play a lot of games, the original idea behind the virtual console excited me. For the most part, the service was an unbridled success....until the launch of Wiiware. Once that service was launched, the VC took a backseat. In a way, it would be okay if it wasn't for two specific problems:

1). Japan usually gets 1-2 3DS virtual console releases per week to our 0-1. That isn't in my head either. Why are we the last region to get Super Mario Bros. 3, when it has been on the market for MONTHS in Japan??

2). So many consoles to cover, so little time. I love how Nintendo says that the VC is going to add Gamecube, GBA, and DS support to the Wii U VC when they release, what, three VC games a month?? At the rate they're going, you may end up seeing Gamecube support by 2018! Haha!

Return to “Video Games General”