Internet gaming making us lazy?

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 9th, 2015, 7:22 pm

[QUOTE=Orion]So, if I'm reading the first half of this thread correctly, if someone likes to download games, then they are just too lazy to leave the house.   Wow.

I think some people are just more resistant to change than others.  I'm sure when cars first started appearing on the streets, the people who enjoyed horse drawn carriages thought the car drivers were being lazy, wanting to get where they needed to go at a faster speed.  The older people probably kept their horses.[/QUOTE]

No, what happened was that the car people still left their houses and went to all kinds of other places.  They didn't rejoice in technology enabling them to become contented shut-ins.  They rejoiced in having the ability to go out and experience even more, not less.  

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » February 9th, 2015, 7:29 pm

Indeed, I used to quite apprehensive about change myself, I remember not wanting to get a DVD player or a new version of Windows as a kid, but I eventually grew past that and i'm glad I did.

Of course there are some instances where i'll go physical over digital, like with Resident Evil Revelations 2, as the retail version will have all the episodes and save me from having to pay for them all individually, and i'm not too crazy about how sometimes digital versions of games mysteriously cost more then the physical versions even though there's no difference between the two(I.E. GTA V costs 70 dollars on Microsoft's games on demand despite being the same as the physical release, Dying Light costs 60 dollars on Steam whereas a physical disc on PC costs 50 dollars)

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » February 10th, 2015, 12:35 am

Atarifever- Nonsense, using more convenient technology does not automatically make a person a "shut-in".

Return to “Video Games General”