Boring Game Magazine Covers

General and high profile video game topics.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 26th, 2015, 2:37 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]I gave you two main protagonists and one major supportive character (FF 13). Token examples?[/QUOTE]

Sure, one Vita game, one bit of DLC, and a game released in 2009. Out of the hundreds of games released every year, that's less than a drop in the bucket. More like a single hydrogen atom in the bucket.

They're good games, but they don't represent positive change by themselves.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 26th, 2015, 3:15 pm

The Vita game got rereleased on PS3. The DLC main protagonist in Black Flag id also a major
character in the main game, and the DLC he takes place in deals with slavery. It's not just a DLC, it's
a progressist DLC [wink] All three games belong to major franchises which have portrayed other communities
in a positive fashion, beyond just the Black community. And it's a good thing FF 13 came out in 2009. See, things started
to change even earlier than that. Read on.

The first Ass Creed main character isn't exactly a wasp, Ass Creed 3 sports a native american (imagine that)...
People are so used to whine, alright, how about the Streets of Rage franchise? Fighting games like Street Fighter,
Tekken, etc... ?

Things are headed in the right direction alright, this will only keep going. It's only natural. It's just a matter of perspective,
I guess.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 26th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Olto,

I'm sure we're more in agreement than we are in disagreement. We at least both agree that more diversity is a good thing and that games as a whole are improving in this regard! 

Thanks as always for the discussion [smile]

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » March 26th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Vexer - if my posts make you "groan" then don't reply to them. Ignore my posts and I'll ignore yours. No problems.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 26th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Found this list of 10 worst magazine covers of all time:

http://www.1up.com/features/ten-worst-video-game-magazine-covers?pager.offset=0

I have nothing against more diversity, as like TotalBiscuit has said, that usually makes for a more interesting game.

ptdebate-  i'll name another positive black protagonist- Nilin from "Remember Me", also there are more female protagonists then some game journalists would have you believe.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » March 26th, 2015, 10:53 pm

In other news slide show list articles suck and are a pass to look like the author took their time to make a productive writing that could have taken less than ten minutes...

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 27th, 2015, 4:02 pm

No they don't suck and are not a "pass" for anything, that makes zero sense.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » March 27th, 2015, 7:59 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]No they don't suck and are not a "pass" for anything, that makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

Your obsessive dismissal of valid complaints is really grating.

It's one god damn page per example, there's something called a list, look it up.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 28th, 2015, 1:05 pm

[QUOTE=HardcoreSadism]In other news slide show list articles suck and are a pass to look like the author took their time to make a productive writing that could have taken less than ten minutes...[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

I can't stand slide show web sites.  You see something, click, page refreshes with new ads, click, page refreshes with new ads.  They are great for websites for generating additional ad dollar.  But for reviewing content they are terrible.

To the actual forum post, I still kept my original Nintendo Powers with the claymation Mario 2 cover from back in the day.  The rest of my EGMs got tossed but I still kept those old Nintendo Powers.  Great stuff.

Voor1

Postby Voor1 » March 28th, 2015, 2:27 pm

I got game pro in the 90s and some computer gaming magazine for a while after that. I thought they were awesome! Fat and full of reviews and previews and super exciting to get. But I haven't picked one up and in last 15 years and this is the only gaming website I look at. Lol.

I'll let y'all argue about race and gender. Just try to not bog down the thread guys. Lol.

Return to “Video Games General”