N-Gage Yourself!

General and high profile video game topics.
J.M. Vargas

N-Gage Yourself!

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 1st, 2005, 5:53 pm

Did you get the QD update (the new one w/o built-in radio and MP3 player) or the old one with the battery that has to be removed to replace the game cartridges?  Regardless of which you chose you're right, the N-Gage is far more portable than the new batch of portables from Nintendo and Sony.  It also feels too tiny, like I can crush it with my bare hands when holding it between them.  I like 'Pandemonium' but the absence of BGM tunes (the PSX and Saturn versions of the game had music) kind-of makes it a secondary playing option in my book. 

For your next purchase I'd strongly suggest you consult [url]n-gage.ign.com[/url] and click on their reviews.  I'm not crazy about IGN reviews but their N-Gage reviews have been mostly on target based on what I've played abd bought (close to 15 games).  At least follow IGN's advice about which games to avoid blowing your money on because they're right: 'MOTO GP,' 'PUZZLE BUBBLE,' 'PUYO POP,' 'VIRTUA TENNIS' and 'MLB BASEBALL' are all worthless crap that only collectors would appreciate.

And BTW Atarifever, welcome to the few, the proud, the N-Gage minority! 

atarifever

N-Gage Yourself!

Postby atarifever » April 1st, 2005, 6:37 pm

I got the old one because I could get it preplayed and it had a USB port. I look at the gamespy and Gamespot reviews because they are usually pretty in depth. I think my next purchase will be Rayman because it is only $19.99 used at EB (everything else is almost $50 here where I live (which means I have to wait until next pay cheque to get them). My only problem is that on the N-Gage website I'm hearing talk about the next N-Gage being displayed soon (E3). Nokia hasn't made it clear if it will be another upgrade (like a QD with all the old features) or if it will be a new system. They have only guarenteed support for the current one until the end of this year. That means they may try their hand again by making a completely new system. I would be upset if they pulled the plug after only 2 and a half years. I don't care if it is a phone; a console should have a 4 year lifespan at least.

Return to “Video Games General”