Is the Vita a good buy?

General and high profile video game topics.
Vexer1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Vexer1 » February 15th, 2015, 1:23 pm

My hope is that the Vita will still get some third-party exclusives and collections of older games at least(I would love to see an Infamous collection released for the system).

ActRaiser1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 16th, 2015, 10:59 am

Remote play works great. That was the main reason I picked it up. I got it from amazon a while back when they offered a number of games for it.

You can do remote play a number of ways but having the PS4 directly connect to the vita gives the best experience.

It's been a great system for me for that use alone. Plus with plus you'll have a huge library of games immediately.

Tron1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Tron1 » February 20th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Vita gets my vote for biggest console disappointment of ALL time.

Weekend_Warrior1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » February 21st, 2015, 12:38 am

The Vita hasn't even outsold the Sega Game Gear, which only sold 11 million worldwide! The Vita currently sits at less than 5 million

ptdebate1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby ptdebate1 » February 21st, 2015, 7:14 am

[QUOTE=Tron]Vita gets my vote for biggest console disappointment of ALL time.[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that? I have more games for mine than I'll probably ever be able to play. Convenience and availability of great software have made it my most-played system.

JWK1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby JWK1 » February 21st, 2015, 7:15 pm

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]The Vita hasn't even outsold the Sega Game Gear, which only sold 11 million worldwide! The Vita currently sits at less than 5 million[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect.  Worldwide, the Vita has sold about 10 million units.  It's actually sold a little better than the Wii U, believe it or not.

eneuman961

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby eneuman961 » February 21st, 2015, 8:16 pm

The Vita doesn't have enough exclusives, but I'd argue that having downloadable indie games on the go like Spelunky, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and Hotline Miami, among others, is reason enough to get it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 21st, 2015, 8:45 pm

I will be posting a set of Vita reviews soon, and one game that has won me over is Tearaway.  Very imaginative and original.

Tron1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Tron1 » February 22nd, 2015, 1:12 am

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=Tron]Vita gets my vote for biggest console disappointment of ALL time.[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that? I have more games for mine than I'll probably ever be able to play. Convenience and availability of great software have made it my most-played system.[/QUOTE]

1. No classic collections like SNK, Capcom, Konami and so on
2. No arcade games or even arcade-like games
3. No movies
4. Only one hot shots golf game
4. No tactics games like advance wars or even just remakes like tactics ogre and final fantasy tactics.
5. Stores never have more then 10 games and they all just look like scaled down PS3 games that I don't care about.

So much potential just wasted. I'd take GBA, PSP, DS or 3DS before I'd want a Vita.

nesfan1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby nesfan1 » February 22nd, 2015, 7:26 am

[QUOTE=Tron]4. No tactics games like advance wars or even just remakes like tactics ogre and final fantasy tactics.[/QUOTE]Off the top of my head it has Natural Doctrine, remakes of both Disgaea 3 and 4, and an upcoming game that I'm personally really excited for; Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart. I don't own a Vita yet, so I can't really comment on most of your points but on the outside looking in, it looks like a pretty sweet handheld to me. Of course, I'm an RPG lover so I may be a bit biased in favor of Sony hardware.

Return to “Video Games General”