Is the Vita a good buy?

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Oltobaz1 » February 22nd, 2015, 8:17 am

And it does have arcade like games, the two Capcom vs fighters being
prominent examples. Add in then smaller PSN games, indies, PS Minis,
it does have games like this. And there's of course a terrific Stardust iteration.

JWK1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby JWK1 » February 22nd, 2015, 12:38 pm

I'm not sure where Tron heard that there are no movies on the Vita but there's an entire section of the PS Vita store dedicated to movies and TV shows. You can even rent movies from PSN. There's also a video app where you can download your own movies to and watch them. Also, he mentions the GBA, DS, and 3DS as better options, none of which have movies. So... Yeah.

Also for his #3 complaint, the PSP didn't get a second Hot Shots Golf in its first 2 years on the market either.

Tron1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Tron1 » February 22nd, 2015, 1:30 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. I still buy my games at stores so all the internet wonders of downloads and indies are lost to me.
Natural doctrine looks interesting so some day I'll check that out. The Disgea presentation and comedy style really ruin the experience for me. I don't like traditional rpg's, but 'tactics games" which often get identified as rpgs.

I guess fighters are arcade-like games, but I was thinking more like games like plants vs zombies, Tetris and stuff like burger time and Galaga.

I suppose the Vita has a lot of digital options, but not many games and zero movies in stores. Psp offered so much more and I wish the Vita had built on that then relying on indies and downloads.

Tron1

Is the Vita a good buy?

Postby Tron1 » February 22nd, 2015, 1:39 pm

Yes GBA, DS and 3ds don't have movies, but PSP did and PSP is Sony like Vita so.....yeah. PSP had some high quality TV shows available like Good Times and Sanford & Son. A shame they didn't add to that with awesome goodness like the Jeffersons and the Incredible Hulk.. Unfortunately most of the movies made for the PSP were current in that time period. Most of those movies really sucked like Four Brothers with Marky Mark, but no Funky Bunch. Still watching Tron, The Toxic Avenger and The Princess Bride on my PSP is awesome.

Return to “Video Games General”