Nintendo's Delays

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Rev1 » October 1st, 2013, 6:52 pm

I would have to agree that Nintendo really sucks at creating hype for a new system. Both the 3DS and the Wii U had months of barren software. The price cut and the steady release of games really helped turn the 3DS around yet Nintendo made the same mistake with the Wii U...

Segatarious1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Segatarious1 » October 1st, 2013, 8:39 pm

Well, it is pathetic RETRO delayed a simple Doney Kong Country sequel - not Nintendo. They need to put their big boy pants over there, let me tell you.

That said, the WiiU lineup looks great. The new Mario games looks incredible, thats #1 on my list. WiiU has a ton of games and big franchises coming out this holiday, lets not get crazy. With games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity that cost an arm and a leg too buy and maintain anyway, well there is no end of money to spend on console gaming!

Segatarious1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Segatarious1 » October 2nd, 2013, 5:08 am

First of all. RETRO is not Nintendo proper. And DKCR2 is the ONLY game they are working on - plus they went into 'crunch time' long ago, and have hired quite a few ppl over the last couple of years. I think that is notable. Where as Nintendo proper is working on a ton of project concurrently, both for Wii U and 3DS, etc, etc,

Well you think that list is so awful, good for you. Maybe you buy 20+ games in a Christmas season for every console, every year. Lets not forget the WiiU has had several high profile, quality titles release in just that last 2 months as well, I am not going to make a list war here though, it is irrelevant. It is funny that the same ppl who so gravely shook their head when high profile 3rd party games were not ported to WiiU now so casually wrote off high profile 3rd party games on WiiU....I guess they aint so much afterall? That is my original position at least, I could not be less impress with Ass. Creed and Watch Dogs.

Off that list, I have high interest in Mario, and Wii Sports U. I have some interest in Sonic Lost World,  Wii Party, Wii Fit, Sonic and Mario, Rayman, and maybe some kids games.

Thats a lot. On 3DS I only really have interest in Zelda 3DS, and it looks as great as Mario U.

I am excited, that more money an more games then I will buy.....Mario Kart in April, bro.

NewModelArmy1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 2nd, 2013, 6:56 am

Can somebody please list all of these great 3ds releases? I love my 3ds but I just don't see where all of these "great" games are. Help me!

Segatarious1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Segatarious1 » October 2nd, 2013, 7:01 am

It is not specualtion :

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-nintendo-retro-discuss-future-of-metroid

"We’re pretty much on one major project at a time. We do a game every two years or three years," Kelbaugh said. "In the first year of that, we have some extra bandwidth, so sometimes… We helped out with Mario Kart 7. We helped Monster Games do the 3DS version. Sometimes we’ll have a little bit of extra bandwidth to help out other entities at Nintendo. We really feel strongly about helping out Nintendo as a whole, so if we have time, we’ll do that. Do we have the bandwidth to do two major projects at once? I don’t think so. A big project and a little project at the same time, we can do that."

Thats the pres of Retro, this June

Captain_Crunch1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » October 2nd, 2013, 9:31 am

I am bothered by the inexplicable postponement of some (3DS) titles in Europe... Scribblenauts Unlimited was released in November 2012 (!) in North-America and will come to Europe in December 2013... Brain Age: Concentration Training was released in February 2013 in North-America and still is 'yet to be released (whenever) in Europe'...

Astrosmasher1

Nintendo's Delays

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 2nd, 2013, 10:18 am

Too me it looks like the Wii U is dead and buried.  No major releases over Christmas is going to make this as successful as the Atari Jaguar.  Which we all know was a great console but under powered in comparison to the up coming consoles (Saturn and PS1).  I see it sinking without a trace everywhere apart from Japan next year. 

Love or hate the PS4 or the xbone they have major 1st, 2nd and 3rd party releases coming out.  A new dead rising which has me interested.  Rise of Rome which looks interesting.  Loads of hype about the consoles.  I mean Sony has Killzone 4 at launch. 

By December we will know how the Wii U is going to seen.  I think that you will find that we will be putting it in the classic gaming section of this board very soon. 

Return to “Video Games General”