one thing about halo 2

General and high profile video game topics.
sega saturn x

one thing about halo 2

Postby sega saturn x » January 31st, 2005, 10:27 am

You said the graphics havent changed that much from halo 1 thats just not true at all.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

one thing about halo 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 31st, 2005, 6:38 pm

Wow, that's quite a convincing argument you make!

Anayo1

one thing about halo 2

Postby Anayo1 » February 1st, 2005, 2:26 pm

*LOL's at Dave's comment*

I don't have an XBOX, but I have the PC version of Halo and have seen a lengthly preview for Halo 2 at my local EB Games. I'm pretty sure I saw a distinctive graphical superiority in Halo 2, with its stunning lighting effects that make it all look much smoother and lifelike. Albeit I am saying this from my experience with the PC version, and I've never actually played Halo 2 hands on.

sega saturn x

one thing about halo 2

Postby sega saturn x » February 1st, 2005, 2:46 pm

Yeah that was lame but i had to leave the computer i was on.  Well now let me exsplain the textuers are just alot better.  So is just about every thing else only maybe a handful of spots look anything like the first halo.  Seriously play the first halo then the second if you dont notice a dramatic change i dont know what to tell you.

Den1

one thing about halo 2

Postby Den1 » February 1st, 2005, 5:26 pm

Anayo, where are you from?  Funny, I just read a column about regional linguistic differences, and "lengthly" was one of them mentioned.  I had never heard the word before; most people say "lengthy."

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

one thing about halo 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2005, 5:42 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]Yeah that was lame but i had to leave the computer i was on. Well now let me exsplain the textuers are just alot better. So is just about every thing else only maybe a handful of spots look anything like the first halo. Seriously play the first halo then the second if you dont notice a dramatic change i dont know what to tell you.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that Halo 2 has better graphics, but the differences are subtle at best. If you just walked in and didn't recognize the scenery, you probably wouldn't know if I was playing Halo 1 or 2 at a glance. After waiting three years I was expecting something totally different.

Anayo1

one thing about halo 2

Postby Anayo1 » February 1st, 2005, 10:52 pm

[QUOTE=Den]Anayo, where are you from? Funny, I just read a column about regional linguistic differences, and "lengthly" was one of them mentioned. I had never heard the word before; most people say "lengthy."

[/QUOTE]

East coast of America. I have never heard of 'lengthy' before, lol.

Sudz1

one thing about halo 2

Postby Sudz1 » February 3rd, 2005, 8:26 am

I gotta say that I actually noticed a DECREASE in the quality of graphics from Halo to Halo2, but only in that I played through the original Halo on my PC in 1280x1024 resolution and I'm playing Halo2 on my Xbox.  However, having also played the original Halo on an Xbox, I don't notice (without really looking for it) that the graphics in Halo 2 are really any different.  I'm sure they are, but it's not eye-smacking, brain-blowing, fingers-bleedingly different... more like you'd have to be specifically looking for the changes to see them.
Sudz

chrisbid1

one thing about halo 2

Postby chrisbid1 » February 3rd, 2005, 2:53 pm

the jump in graphics on the xbox over 3 years, (halo 1 to halo 2) is nowhere near the jump in graphics on the NES over 3 years (SMB 1 to SMB 2)

sega saturn x

one thing about halo 2

Postby sega saturn x » February 3rd, 2005, 9:12 pm

i really am astounded that non of you think they look that mutch better.  I played the original halo all the time and as soon as i started halo 2 i noticed a dramatic improvment.  I mean every thing looks so clean and crisp and there are so few points or clearly visible lines converging objects any more.

Return to “Video Games General”