Seaman game coming to the 3DS???

General and high profile video game topics.
Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » June 26th, 2012, 6:36 pm

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/seaman-3-coming-this-holiday-to-nintendo-3ds/
I'm not kidding. They might actually to make this game. My question is how are you going to take a Sega Dreamcast game and put voice recognition on it, while releasing it on the 3DS? I've also never heard of Seaman 2. I always though there was jut one.

FinalLapTwinkie1

Postby FinalLapTwinkie1 » June 26th, 2012, 10:00 pm

It is about time!! I was still mad over the Saturn. So I never bought the DreamCast until much later but the whole Seaman concept sounded pretty cool! 

Was the microphone a carry over to the 3DS?  That is the only thing I can think of how to accomplish voice commands.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » June 27th, 2012, 8:05 pm

[QUOTE=FinalLapTwinkie]

It is about time!! I was still mad over the Saturn. So I never bought the DreamCast until much later but the whole Seaman concept sounded pretty cool! 

Was the microphone a carry over to the 3DS?  That is the only thing I can think of how to accomplish voice commands.

[/QUOTE]

The DS does have voice recognition technology, as shown with Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (Great game btw), so it shouldn't be a problem for the 3DS.

I would find it funny if they remade Hey You Pikachu for the 3DS. Same unresponsive controls and poor graphics 

Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » July 17th, 2012, 3:36 am

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » March 2nd, 2015, 6:29 am

The narrator for the game, Leonard Nimoy, passed away. The actor also played an obscure 1960s space alien on a Desilu tv show, which would occasionally be depicted in a few video games as well.

The last news about Nintendo was about a year and a half ago with some patent filings that sounded like seaman in the pipeline.

Here is a Time magazine article about Nimoy in Seaman.
http://time.com/3726732/leonard-nimoy-seaman/
LLAP

Return to “Video Games General”