Critic, Earthworm Jim marathon?

General and high profile video game topics.
Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 7th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Yo, critic, word on the street is that you're rereviewing Earthworm Jim 2 on the Genesis.

Which got me thinking; you should review the other versions of Earthworm Jim and the sequels! I heard the Genesis version of Earthworm Jim 1 is better than the Snes version, but the Snes version of Earthworm Jim 2 is a better game than the Genesis version. It would be very interesting to see you compare versions of Earthworm Jim games.

Can you make that happen? It would be awesome!!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 7th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Springtime is perfect for reviewing Earthworm Jim games.

The best version of the original game is on the Sega CD. The best version of the second game is on the Sega Saturn.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 7th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Yes the Sega CD version is great, I really enjoyed the game on the CD. It loads fast, has a password feature, and the music is awesome. I liked the Genesis version as well but whenever I get an itch to play the series the Saturn and Sega CD versions are the ones I want.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 7th, 2013, 9:46 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]Springtime is perfect for reviewing Earthworm Jim games.

The best version of the original game is on the Sega CD. The best version of the second game is on the Sega Saturn.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, the graphics of the Saturn version of Earthworm Jim 2 are superior to the other versions, and the music is even better than the Snes version!

Also, in the Snes and Saturn versions, the "Lorenzo's Soil" level is dark and there's a light that helps guide you, while the Genesis version does not have this detail, making it look bland in comparison.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 8th, 2013, 9:58 am

The music in the Sega Saturn version of EWJ2 is sublime.  It's done by Tommy Tallarico Studios and you can tell they took full advantage of the upgraded hardware.  When I first played the Saturn port I wasn't expecting much, however I was blown away with the improvements.  The animation is silky smooth and the soundtrack is rocking.  Good stuff.

Return to “Video Games General”