What is your favorite gaming genre?

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » May 18th, 2013, 11:34 am

[QUOTE=Rev]1. Platformers & Action Adventure- I have always loved the pick up and play feel of these games and it doesn't really matter if it is 2D or 3D (or 2.5D).
2. Kart Racer- this is a pretty similar reason to the #1 spot, except these tend to have a more arcade feel so I enjoy that as well.
3. 2D Fighters- same as above 2.
4. 2D Shooters- same as the ones above...
5. Tactical RPG's- I love these types of games, if it is the right series. The easier the game is to pick up and play right away, the better.
6. RPG's- I don't play these a ton but they have grown on me over the years. I like the traditional Japanese style ones the best.
7. Beat'm Ups- same as 1-4
8. everything else except for: FPS and Sport's Titles (although there are a few snowboarding games I like, plus Virtua Tennis)[/QUOTE]

Almost the same thing, in nor particular order, although I've played a ton of RPGs (my very first one being Final Fantasy Legend on Game Boy), and I tend to prefer futuristic racers like F Zero and Wipe Out. Nothing against other racers, but I prefer when some sci fi is thrown into the mix. Vs fighting, beat them ups, 2D shooters, Tactical, RPGS, wargames, hack'n'slash, platformers.. I'm in. Sport games... not really, with a few exceptions... like Virtua Tennis, for instance. FPS, I can tolerate moderate amounts, I certainly prefer TPS, I like to see my guy I suppose.. 

Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » May 18th, 2013, 10:34 pm

1. Tactics strategy games
2. Sports
3. Sandbox
4. Arcade games
5. 2D platformers, action & fighting

Shogun1

Postby Shogun1 » May 20th, 2013, 5:05 pm

1) Shoot'em Ups - Nothing leaves me more satisfied than playing a good shoot'em up.
2) Ninja Games - Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, ect.
3) Light Gun Shooters - Luckily I still have a 32 inch CRT TV. Enjoy Virtua Cop 1 & 2, House of the Dead, ect.

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » May 20th, 2013, 5:22 pm

The easiest way i can sum it up , is give me a big axe and let me go on a slaughterfest!!!
Hack n Slash it is!!!

Ozzy

Burk1

Postby Burk1 » May 21st, 2013, 12:24 am

I tend to like 2d and 3d games both within the same genre,with the exception of shmups.

1. Platformers- maybe its because SMB got me hooked on gaming, but I have always loved jumping from one thing to another

2. Shmups- I tend to like my shooters in space,from above or the side,and hard as hell. As long as it keeps me scrambling for a non existent safe spot,while trying to avoid a hundred things on the screen,and blasting away with a weapon that has been powered up a bunch of times,I'll take it.

3.3rd Person Adventure- as someone who feels a little confined in most FPS, I love a good game that gets me over familiar with the back of someones head. Free roaming worlds and occasional puzzles are a must.

4. Fishing and Golfing- These are the only "sports" games I play. I also do these IRL, so it seems pretty self explanatory why I enjoy them. To be honest though,my digital counterpart usually out does the flesh and blood me.

5. Racing- Cool,exotic,machines going very fast. What's not to love?

Return to “Video Games General”