Sony better win

General and high profile video game topics.
m0zart1

Sony better win

Postby m0zart1 » June 13th, 2013, 8:43 pm

[QUOTE=scotland17]That would help pave the way to a game collector Darkrage, I mean Darkage.[/QUOTE]

Double LOL

m0zart1

Sony better win

Postby m0zart1 » June 13th, 2013, 8:48 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]Sony charged too much due to addition of too much new stuff.  Microsoft is charging too much in exchange for less than nothing.[/QUOTE]

There is one benefit that MS brought to light.  You can "share" your games with up to 10 online friends on the cloud.  When I first read about it on Gamespot I was thinking "Wow that's a cool feature".

However after reading the details of it, it's not that great.  The same 10 friends for every game because they have to be in your friends and family list which has a cap of 10.  Only two can play it at the same time... one has to be the console owner, the other one of the friends.  The friend has to sign in again every hour as a "check".

It's not great, but it's something.  I guess it solves the issue of having to lend your copy of the game to someone to play it, and it does allow two players simultaneously.

But it's nowhere near enough for me to agree to this horrible DRM model.  The fact that MS brings it up right now shows me they were hoping to use it as a spray down for criticism they at least suspected was coming.

I'd be ok with the feature if they could do it without the DRM horrors.  But it's not even icing on a cake, it's like icing on top of the rim of the dirtiest seat in your local outhouse.

HardcoreSadism1

Sony better win

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 13th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I'm not calling people "Indecent" from playing the Xbox One, I'm saying it's the least gamer thing a person can do. Whatever. 

darkrage61

Sony better win

Postby darkrage61 » June 13th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Least "gamer" thing to do?  Ok whatever.

Atarifever-Well Microsoft are adding features like the TV Box, Skype, etc.  These policies while unnecessary, don't make things "worse" for me.

BTW, I think the controversy over the so-called "rape" joke(which I do not believe was intentional) is incredibly ridiculous, to me it's another case of political correctness gone mad, but I'll save that for another thread.

Mozart-It's a guess, yeah, but I really don't see what's "educated" about it.

Scotland17(or should I say Scrotumland? see what I did there?)-Even if X-One succeeds, that dosen't mean you can't collect games for other systems, so I doubt anyone's "hobby" is going away anytime soon, if PS4 succeeds like you say, you've got anothing to worry about

m0zart1

Sony better win

Postby m0zart1 » June 13th, 2013, 9:17 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]Mozart-It's a guess, yeah, but I really don't see what's "educated" about it.[/QUOTE]

It's a response that is fully informed by your own responses on the board over the last week or two.

That's what's "educated" about it.  You behave like someone who has a bias and or an agenda, not just "the gaemz" like you say.

I do too btw, both in fact... a bias against this stupid DRM nonsense that effectively ends my ownership of my own copy of a game, and an agenda to help get that message heard loud and clear... but I admit what my agenda is, rather than hit and run and hide in a corner.

Steve1

Sony better win

Postby Steve1 » June 13th, 2013, 9:20 pm

"My favourite place to trade is a little store run by an autistic man. He won't be a select retailer. so screw him, right?. Goody. My favourite resell store, and the rental store here in this town I also use a lot, and the pawn shop here and in my hometown all lose! Fantastic!"

- and Netflix put my local video rental business under. I'm not happy about things like this ("digitalization") but times change.  

m0zart1

Sony better win

Postby m0zart1 » June 13th, 2013, 9:21 pm

[QUOTE=Steve]"My favourite place to trade is a little store run by an autistic man. He won't be a select retailer. so screw him, right?. Goody. My favourite resell store, and the rental store here in this town I also use a lot, and the pawn shop here and in my hometown all lose! Fantastic!"

- and Netflix put my local video rental business under. I'm not happy about things like this ("digitalization") but times change.  

[/QUOTE]

Right but the existence of Netflix didn't prevent me from owning my hardcopy of a DVD.

Times do change, but not all changes are great, and everyone has a right to do what they can to let the industry KNOW when they don't like it.

Steve1

Sony better win

Postby Steve1 » June 13th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I KNEW somebody was going to respond with a comment about owning a physical copy

The funny thing is that I agree with almost what everyone is complaining about, it's just that things have gotten so bitter. And I am letting them (Microsoft) know how I feel about the changes - by not buying one until things change.

darkrage61

Sony better win

Postby darkrage61 » June 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Mozart-i'm not "hiding" or "running" from anything 

m0zart1

Sony better win

Postby m0zart1 » June 13th, 2013, 9:46 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]Mozart-i'm not "hiding" or "running" from anything [/QUOTE]

Sure you are.  You're just doing it with denials and weasel words (ala "MEH, it's still the games for me, yeah boy").

Anyway like I said, you have a right to your opinion and you have a right to share it, but I am going to criticize it, because (1) I think it's a bad opinion that is evading many of the obvious issues and has some serious pro-MS bias behind it, and (2) I have a right to my opinion about your opinion and I have a right to share it.

Return to “Video Games General”