The Activator Sucks

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

The Activator Sucks

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 6th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Has anyone EVER derived a smidgon of enjoyment from Sega's Activator controller?

For those lucky enough not to be acquainted with it, it was a ring shaped device designed for the Sega Genesis with motion sensors around the edges.  While in theory it would read body movements like kick and punch, trying to get moves to register on the screen was an exercise in frustration. 

I was just attempting to use it with Eternal Champions (working on a new review), and I felt like a total ass.

Dennis

The Activator Sucks

Postby Dennis » August 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

All the hype about Eternal Champions that I read centered around the extra gruesome fatalities that were supposedly worse (better?) than the MK series... but darned if I could ever do any of them.  I think you had to beat the other guy in just the right spot to get them to work... VGC, any luck?

J.M. Vargas

The Activator Sucks

Postby J.M. Vargas » August 6th, 2006, 4:46 pm

You should have taped yourself.  I would pay good money to see an uncoordianted white guy pose in front of the TV and punch/kick the air around the Activator ring... or I could go to Toys'r'Us and watch people test driving Sony's EyeToy.  Things don't change, they're only marginally improved and re-packaged at a higher retail cost!

sega saturn x

The Activator Sucks

Postby sega saturn x » August 6th, 2006, 6:10 pm

[QUOTE] I would pay good money to see an uncoordianted white guy pose in front of the TV [/QUOTE]

Screw them both and go watch the fat kids play DDR if that's doesn't make you chuckle nothing will.

Return to “Video Games General”