Are WE becoming a negative forum ?

General and high profile video game topics.
Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » November 19th, 2013, 5:22 pm

This is probably the most broadly interested video game community I've encountered, meaning games of all eras are loved and discussed, no matter their age.

That said, we're also not 10 years old and taken to dancing around like N64 Kid when new hardware comes out. We can still be excited for a new gen in general and criticize particular elements of the launch (faulty hardware, no games, patches, etc.) without being guilty of unrelenting cynicism and negativity.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » November 19th, 2013, 6:28 pm

The forum is too negative. Too many posters are focused on WHO posted something rather than on WHAT they posted, and discussing that.

Also WAY too little game play impressions. Just look at those topics, most o the time very few post. That is disappointing to me. Say what you want about me, I do try to give good impressions on games, which is why I am here.

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » November 19th, 2013, 6:34 pm

There is a lot of focus on the PS4 and Xbox One at the moment, naturally due to their impending or just released status.

But some of the members really dislike them for various reasons and their comments tend to derail threads. I guess that's partly because everyone else is soo focused on them, that there’s few posts and threads being made about other consoles for them to read.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 19th, 2013, 7:14 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]

The forum is too negative. Too many posters are focused on WHO posted something rather than on WHAT they posted, and discussing that.

Also WAY too little game play impressions. Just look at those topics, most o the time very few post. That is disappointing to me. Say what you want about me, I do try to give good impressions on games, which is why I am here.

[/QUOTE]

You certainly give your impressions on games released on 3DS and Wii U. You definitely bash everything else.
And you talk about Mario. A lot.

Steve1

Postby Steve1 » November 19th, 2013, 7:43 pm

This is by far the best community for videogames on the internet however, I do feel it took a turn for the worse after the Microsoft E3. While I think we can all agree on the subject matter, the hatred directed towards the Xbox One and Microsoft as a company was a little too negative for my taste. I don't think anyone should want to see a console fail (especially after they changed their direction) and there was certainly a lot of negativity around that time.

Some of the posts on here continue to be disappointing but on the same level, this is the most enjoyable and mature group of forum posters out there.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » November 19th, 2013, 8:01 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]

The forum is too negative.

[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for contributing to our dilemma at hand, for years.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » November 19th, 2013, 8:46 pm

This is not a negative forum. I don't think people take shots at one another. We don't have a Richie Incognito bully in here. But I have noticed that there have been way fewer threads on older generations. I'm sure it's just the fact that the 2 new systems just launched. 

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » November 19th, 2013, 10:00 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz][QUOTE=Segatarious]

[/QUOTE]

You certainly give your impressions on games released on 3DS and Wii U. You definitely bash everything else.
And you talk about Mario. A lot.[/QUOTE]

I give impression on games I buy and play. Period.

I also give opinions on the state of the industry, and the direction of the industry. This affects me as a game buyer! This affects the products I have to choose from! This affects the quality of the products I may buy! I have my own unique set of views and preferences!

Welcome to a game forum!

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 19th, 2013, 11:21 pm

No we are not.  I still use this forum and VGC's reviews as a yard stick.  I do not believe we are negative.  There is a Nintendo fan boy on here who is as negative as possible about every other system that is not called Nintendo mentioning no names.  Apart from him and me playing Alien Rage I think we are pretty positive about stuff.  Of course we do have the new systems coming out and the price rises to look forward to.  There will be a certain amount of trepidation but when the dust settles next year we can see how the land lies.

Oh and then hopefully we can stop the Atari vs Commodore nintendo vs sega ... etc rants about systems...

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 20th, 2013, 2:57 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Oltobaz][QUOTE=Segatarious]

[/QUOTE]

And you talk about Mario. A lot.[/QUOTE]

I give impression on games I buy and play. Period.

I also give opinions on the state of the industry, and the direction of the industry. This affects me as a game buyer! This affects the products I have to choose from! This affects the quality of the products I may buy! I have my own unique set of views and preferences!

Welcome to a game forum![/QUOTE]

You give opinions? Have I missed anything beyond Mario this, Wii Sports that, Sony, Microsoft and Apple are detrimental to gaming, etc. Have I read anything else from you? Hardly. Close to anything you post is meant to support your belief as far as Nintendo being the best... 

Return to “Video Games General”