Criticize Your Favorite Video Game!

General and high profile video game topics.
Retrology

Re: Criticize Your Favorite Video Game!

Postby Retrology » March 30th, 2016, 1:01 pm

Time to revive this thread

Star Fox 64: Figuring out how to beat the Zoness boss was a pain.

Sonic 2: Climbing up the polluted water in Chemical Plant Zone Act 2.

Donkey Kong Country 2: The difficulty

Beetle Adventure Racing: Nope

Excitebots: Impossible to criticize this game.

Super Mario 3D Land: Way too easy.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: Some of the cash is extremely difficult to get (roof, New York City).

Chrono Trigger: The game has to end.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » March 30th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Toshinden Subaru/4: the shortcut keys for the over drive attacks can't be disabled. They throw character balance and remove some of the games depth (i.e you can enter a complex button combination or just use the shortcut).

ESauce

Postby ESauce » March 30th, 2016, 4:09 pm

Skyward Sword - I think this is the best 3d Zelda but even as one of its biggest defenders I admit the motion controls get annoying sometimes.

Batman Arkham Knight - No options to remap the controls! I actually love the batmobile and tank batmobile, but I hate how right trigger changes you to tank mode. In every racing game right trigger is brake, so I always hit right trigger to brake in Arkham Knight and end up switching to a tank when I'm trying to chase down a bad guy. I actually think any game that uses a standard control pad should allow you to remap any button as you see fit, but Arkham Knight is the only game I've ever played for 30+ hours and not become accustomed to the default controls.

Halo (series) - Constant unbalanced online matches because players quit. Players should be added to online games during the match if the teams aren't even. I think Halo 5 does this now (although I don't think it was at launch), but the master chief collection still does not. Every other modern online FPS adds players during the round. It's ridiculous to be in a 5 on 5 match which changes to a 5 on 4, then a 5 on 3, then a 5 on 2 as every player eventually gives up on playing an unbalanced game. Then, when it's 1 vs 5, you're still punished for leaving the game early, as if you're the one ruining it for everyone! I once had 5 consecutive rounds of Halo turn into me vs 5 players, and I quit them all only for the game to temporarily ban me. Don't punish me because you didn't code your online experience well.

Voor

Postby Voor » March 31st, 2016, 2:46 pm

Super Metroid's wall jump is hard to achieve at first, especially since the only in-game instruction for how to perform it is a few animals giving a visual demonstration, which doesn't expound in the least on how to do it using the controller.  Thankfully, you only need the wall jump if you want to finish the game at 100% in under 3 hours.  Nonetheless, I spent much time in frustration trying to achieve it until I found the real technique explained in a guide.

Oh my goodness, this one. I actually quit and restarted the game twice here, thinking I had done something wrong and "soft locked" the game. Until I red a strategy guide, not once did I think "I'm supposed to mimic those guys".

Side note, I recently watched a rom-hack where super metroid is rotated 90 degrees. Talk about some tricky jumps!!

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » March 31st, 2016, 4:58 pm

Skyrim for the 360. I absolutely loved the game and sank a lot of hours into it. Just a great game. But man oh man was the final boss fight a big letdown. I beat it on my first try in about 10 minutes; very anticlimactic.

Return to “Video Games General”