Best Winter Olympic Game

General and high profile video game topics.
vegas83

Best Winter Olympic Game

Postby vegas83 » February 8th, 2014, 10:04 am

The 2014 Olympics just started this week and got me to thinking what are some of the best Winter Olympic video games out there. The one that always comes to mind for me is Winter Games on the Commodore 64, maybe my favorite of all time. I recently got Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 for the Wii U and have not opened it yet but I plan on making this a Sochi Saturday and play some Winter Olympics on the Wii U.
Please let me know of some of your favorite winter Olympic video games.

vegas833

Ozzybear1

Best Winter Olympic Game

Postby Ozzybear1 » February 9th, 2014, 6:18 am

will always have great memories of Winter Games for the Atari 2600, and the other Olympic games as well and the decathalon game, as was great getting together with a group of friends and just having a blast. Which is something I feel like a lot of todays games are lacking. I have nothing against online play at all and love it. But most that are only familiar with modern systems will never know what it was like back in the day hanging with your friends and having video game days!

FinalLapTwinkie1

Best Winter Olympic Game

Postby FinalLapTwinkie1 » February 16th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Great topic Vegas833. The Commodore 64 had the best Olympic games.  

You said it best Ozzybear. I remember Summer Games and Summer Games II competitions with my friends on the Commodore 64. Winter Games was always a favorite especially on hot days when trying to stay cool. One us always picked the United States and someone was Russia but that was back when the it was still looked upon as the Soviet Union. It was the Cold War after all. Usually Brazil was picked also, it had a cool sounding anthem.

Den1

Best Winter Olympic Game

Postby Den1 » February 19th, 2014, 11:57 am

It's not an Olympics game, but the original Alpine Racer arcade game is definitely my favorite winter-sports game of all time.  It offered an amazing illusion of speed and height.  Not only could you slide your legs back and forth to move, you also could tip your feet back and forth for more-subtle action.  Great game.

Return to “Video Games General”