Nes Tecmo Super Bowl Competition

General and high profile video game topics.
FinalLapTwinkie1

Postby FinalLapTwinkie1 » October 30th, 2012, 10:04 pm

I was watching the NFL Network and they had a show on about Tecmo Super Bowl. It seems they meet once a year in Madison, Wisconsin to establish who is the king. I thought it was really cool to see so many Nes systems. All flip top systems and they worked. Maybe they edited the blowing or flashing screens.

Anyone else see this or ever attend the event?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 30th, 2012, 11:55 pm

I know one thing for sure, Tecmo Super Bowl beats the [expletive] out of Madden 13!
And as long as EA has the exclusive football license, that's just another reason to keep your NES in good shape!

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » October 31st, 2012, 12:14 am

Tecmo Super Bowl was the reason I bought an NES. Bo Jackson and QB Bills ruled!

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » October 31st, 2012, 1:40 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I know one thing for sure, Tecmo Super Bowl beats the [expletive] out of Madden 13!
And as long as EA has the exclusive football license, that's just another reason to keep your NES in good shape![/QUOTE]

Critic, did you know that you can get a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl with updated rosters for the 2012 season?  Take a look here.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 31st, 2012, 9:31 pm

Whoa!  I have to have this!!

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » October 31st, 2012, 10:03 pm

You should check out some of the other games on the site, too, Dave.  They have some cool titles that were previously Famicom-only like Adventure Island 4, Sweet Home (a Horror RPG from Capcom that is sort of a precursor to the Resident Evil games), and Over Horizon (an awesome side-scrolling shoot em up).  They actually have a deal so that you can save about 15 bucks if you order 4 games (I'd stay away from games like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Contra 7, though, since they are awful looking pirated Famicom games).  There are a few things here that will be on my Christmas list.

Anyways, back to the topic...I'll have to look for that show on the NFL network.  Sounds pretty cool!

Teddybear1

Postby Teddybear1 » November 1st, 2012, 7:35 am

While I have all three Tecmo Bowl editions for the Genesis sadly I do not have a NES......having this game with the updated rosters for 2012 would be sweet!!!

Thanks for sharing this!!

Return to “Video Games General”