Best Basketball Games

General and high profile video game topics.
Dave1

Best Basketball Games

Postby Dave1 » March 9th, 2015, 10:46 pm

White Men Can't Jump (Jaguar) - Probably the best game ever.

Other than that, I've always liked the 2K series. I used to be a big NBA live fan in the PS1 era, but that series went down the crapper pretty quick after that.

Herschie1

Best Basketball Games

Postby Herschie1 » March 9th, 2015, 11:04 pm

I LOVE that Tecmo NBA Basketball game on the NES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DP5PGN4cY0

I
 was also mighty delighted with NBA 2K11, finding out that I didn't have to settle for an 8-bit rendering of Patrick Ewing anymore, since they had all the old rosters in it. Both of these are terrific games. Also, NBA Live '95. 

Jon1

Best Basketball Games

Postby Jon1 » March 10th, 2015, 12:32 am

I used to like the NBA Live series too. When the 95 version came out the graphics and realism were incredible for the time. The last one I played, 97, was fun for a while but then it got too easy. The funny thing with basketball games is that every game I've ever played against a friend was really fun. Even games like Bulls vs. Lakers or whatever, they've gotten bad reviews, but if you hit a game winning layup, all of a sudden it's great.

Teddybear1

Best Basketball Games

Postby Teddybear1 » March 10th, 2015, 7:00 am

I really agree with Tecmo NBA Basketball for the NES.  I am still surprised that the VGC hasn't reviewed this yet.  Great play, all the NBAer's from the early 1990's and stats too make this one worthwhile.

JustLikeHeaven1

Best Basketball Games

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 10th, 2015, 10:40 am

Yeah Tecmo was rock solid for pretty much all the sports on the NES.  My neighbor had Tecmo NBA Basketball and we played it all the time.  

Tron1

Best Basketball Games

Postby Tron1 » March 28th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Playing NBA 2k12 on PSP. It's not great, but is playable. In some ways I prefer it over the console versions. There aren't as many animations and no shooting with the analog. It feels more like an old NBA Live game then a current 2K game. That's a plus as far as I'm concerned. The animations are pretty ugly, but at least I feel like I'm controlling my actions and knowing what I'm doing.

Here's my dream team on this game:
Pg - J. Critteneton
Sg - A. Morrison
Sf - M. Beasley
Pf - D. Milicic
C - G. Oden

I also have the awesomeness of R. Swift and Y. Sun off the bench.

So I have no love for the Vita. So I thought, "oh my gosh. I forgot about basketball on the Vita. That would be cool." Guess what? Basketball on the Vita doesn't exist.

Return to “Video Games General”