Azurik?

General and high profile video game topics.
Eiskis1

Azurik?

Postby Eiskis1 » February 13th, 2005, 10:25 am

Azurik: Rise of Perathia - this game totally sucks. It's supposed to be the worst game on Xbox, and with my experience I can only agree. It got me thinking, how come VGC hasn't reviewed it. So... why? I mean it can't be about money, people will pay to get rid of Azurik. I understand that everyone has to take care of their sanity, but still.

Paul Campbell

Azurik?

Postby Paul Campbell » February 14th, 2005, 4:25 am

I know this sounds totally crazy but.... maybe he just hasn't gotten to it yet.

Or maybe it's a conspiracy.

Robotrek

Re: Azurik?

Postby Robotrek » January 17th, 2022, 1:13 am

I demand the critic give Azurik a review! This issue remains important!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 17th, 2022, 9:39 am

I could not let this injustice stand, especially after 16 years.
I bought a copy off ebay for a couple of bucks, and opted NOT to get the protection plan.
This had better be really bad!!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 17th, 2022, 11:17 am

Never heard of this, kinda curious how "Bad" this is, given that Grabbed By the Goulies is usually the poster child for Worst Xbox Game

Pulled up a YouTube vid to look at this, looks like a PSX/N64-type 3rd Person action game, though not sure if there are control issues or if there were issues with the player and their set-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W46KByWC9EY

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 17th, 2022, 12:01 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Never heard of this, kinda curious how "Bad" this is, given that Grabbed By the Goulies is usually the poster child for Worst Xbox Game

Nah, that's Drake of the 99 Dragons. It's often compared to Superman 64, despite being a more complete package.

Image Image Image

But the critic should review it for himself, just to be absolutely certain that the mainstream isn't overlooking a hidden gem.

All gifs courtesy of https://lparchive.org/Drake-of-the-99-Dragons/

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » January 17th, 2022, 2:00 pm

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:Never heard of this, kinda curious how "Bad" this is, given that Grabbed By the Goulies is usually the poster child for Worst Xbox Game

Nah, that's Drake of the 99 Dragons. It's often compared to Superman 64, despite being a more complete package.

Image Image Image

But the critic should review it for himself, just to be absolutely certain that the mainstream isn't overlooking a hidden gem.

All gifs courtesy of https://lparchive.org/Drake-of-the-99-Dragons/

Game had a re-release on Steam few years back, so somebody must have liked it.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 17th, 2022, 2:09 pm

Or the rights were cheap to obtain

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » January 17th, 2022, 6:21 pm

I really liked the demo to it in the Official Xbox Magazine. No clue if the actual game is all that bad but I really enjoyed the demo and never understood all the hate. Most likely a few people played it and didn't like it and then it became an echo chamber to be cool to hate on it. I remember another forum poster on here making fun of it years ago and he never played it either.

That's cool if you tried it and didn't like it. All good. I really like twin stick shooters and it carried a similar vibe.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » January 17th, 2022, 7:34 pm

Pulled up a YouTube vid to look at this, looks like a PSX/N64-type 3rd Person action game, though not sure if there are control issues or if there were issues with the player and their set-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W46KByWC9EY

It's HARDLY a masterpiece, but Ghoulies wasn't really all that bad.

Return to “Video Games General”