Wrestling Video Games

General and high profile video game topics.
Teddybear1

Wrestling Video Games

Postby Teddybear1 » July 4th, 2013, 8:28 am

Bop 'N Wrestle was a lot of fun!  My only complaint was in the 1 player mode when you defeated every wrestler and got to Lord Tuff....if you beat him for the championship belt there was no acknowledgement by the computer.  No belt-raising graphic, no text that read "congratulations", nothing.  Just one extra sound blast of crowd noise.

Considering how difficult (beating all the wrestlers) that was to do, I was a little disappointed.

Rev1

Wrestling Video Games

Postby Rev1 » July 4th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Did anyone play Saturday Night Slammasters for the Genesis and the SNES? These games were like a cross between wrestling and SF2. I had a ton of fun with these games growing up and I picked up a copy a few years ago and had a blast with it as well.

snakeboy1

Wrestling Video Games

Postby snakeboy1 » July 4th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I guess that this is a good time to once again tell the Critic that he needs to review Pro Wrestling for the NES.  I know he's not a big wrestling game fan (neither am I), but this game is one of the best multiplayer games for the system.  The game has such a memorable cast of characters, and the gameplay is simple yet never feels shallow and repetitive.  I can guarantee that if Dave gets his friends together, and they imbibe copious amounts of alcohol and play this game, everyone will have an absolute blast.  Review it! 

rahimtx1

Wrestling Video Games

Postby rahimtx1 » July 4th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Rev-I forgot all about Saturday Night Slam Masters.  I used to love playing that on my SNES.  I once let my friend borrow it, and I couldn't wait to get it back.  My favorite wrestler was the small guy that did that spinning drill kick. One thing I liked about it was it was the first wrestling game I ever played that had entrances, and  yes, it was a lot like SF2. 

Edward- I have heard a lot of great things about WWE No Mercy over the years for the N64.  When I had a N64 I used to always skip over it when I came across it, because at the time I never heard anything about it.  Maybe one day I'll give a try.

Burk1

Wrestling Video Games

Postby Burk1 » July 6th, 2013, 9:06 am

RE:snakeboy. Great call! So many moves for an nes games.My brother hated that he could never beat me. There is even a nod to this game in the fantastic movie,"the Wrestler".

Return to “Video Games General”