The Praise Nintendo Thread

General and high profile video game topics.
Edward1

Postby Edward1 » June 18th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Nintendo is the greatest video game company of all time.  I don't even think this point is really up for debate. Nearly every major game developer agrees with that statement.  From Donkey Kong over 30 years ago all the way up to Mario kart 8 released last month, no developer can come close to matching the Nintendo's massive library of high quality games. The amount of high quality games this company has released deserves the absolute highest of respect.  They have also released many innovative and high quality game consoles, both handheld and console based.  Any trolls who inhabit all the gaming forums who insult Nintendo don't know what they are talking about. Nintendo has made some major mistakes along the way. However make no mistake, the video game industry owes a huge debt of gratitude to Nintendo. I've probably spent thousands of hours of my life either playing Nintendo systems or games, and I don't regret any of that.

Another point I'd like to make is Nintendo is behind the times, and that's a good thing. While other systems focus on boring grey shooters, online, microtransactions, Nintendo focuses on fun games that are bright and colorful that you actually want to play, and can play in your own home with people on your coach. I hope Nintendo continues to be behind the times.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » June 18th, 2014, 9:39 pm

I wouldn't call them behind the times exactly, they just have a very different focus then Microsoft and Sony is all, and that's perfectly fine.  I like FPS games but I also do love Nintendo franchises like Metroid.

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 19th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Nintendo is a company that can make amazing games in any genre.

Platformers- Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby

Adventure- Zelda

RPG- Paper Mario, Mario And Luigi, Pokemon

Strategy- Fire Emblem, Advance Wars

RTS- Pikmin

FPS- Metroid Prime

Action- Metroid

Rail Shooter- Star Fox

Sports- Mario sports games

Racing- Mario Kart, F-Zero

Puzzle- Dr. Mario, Wario's Woods

Fighting- Super Smash Bros.

And more!

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 21st, 2014, 2:01 pm

Nintendo revolutionized handheld gaming. Sure, the Game Boy may not have been the first portable system, but it took a niche playing style and set the world on fire. And with games like Tetris, Pokemon, Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land, Wario Land, Kirby's Dream Land, and more, why wouldn't it?

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » June 21st, 2014, 3:23 pm

[QUOTE=LoganRuckman]

Sports- Mario sports games

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if they had the MLB and NFL license instead of these other companies?

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 21st, 2014, 4:57 pm

A customization for Mario Characters to wear official designs.... I'm game heh.

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 25th, 2014, 5:53 am

Another thing I love about Nintendo is that they are never afraid to take risks. While other developers play it safe, Nintendo does their own thing, whether it's successful or not. Often in the name of innovation.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » June 25th, 2014, 7:16 am

[QUOTE=LoganRuckman]Another thing I love about Nintendo is that they are never afraid to take risks. While other developers play it safe, Nintendo does their own thing, whether it's successful or not. Often in the name of innovation.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with this one hardware wise maybe, software wise definitely not.
Sega was the king of risky innovation but look how that ended.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » June 25th, 2014, 2:36 pm

@Sut: Big N were pretty hardware innovative for a long time,SNES was fairly innovative hardware wise, Virtual Boy was a good leap of faith ( I don't mean good as in it was a good idea,but as a good example), N64 and GameCube were soundly ahead everyone except the Xbox.

....And people flocked to the PlayStations because of games,games,games.

What kind of motive is there to innovate if people just go to the system with the games?

No wonder they did a 180 with Wii and Wii U.

And as for SEGA, that was more because America and Japan were at each other's throats than anything else.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » June 25th, 2014, 8:13 pm

The N64 lost out to the Playstation mainly because Nintendo failed to innovate in the form of storage, they were still using cartridges despite them being very much impractical at the time(being more expensive to manufacture then CDs), and the N64 games were more expensive then the PS games as a result(they cost 70-80 dollars new, 20 dollars more then the PS and Saturn games, nowadays you only pay that much for a game if it's a collectors edition), so you can't really blame consumers for going for the console with cheaper games.  Plus the N64 library was rather small at first, the Playstations library grew rapidly, and as others on here have said, there were often massive gaps between new releases on the N64, causing some owners to get impatient and frustrated.

Return to “Video Games General”