Unpopular Gaming Opinions

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » July 20th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Wario's Woods>Dr. Mario>Tetris

The GameCube is better than the PS2 and the Xbox.

The N64 is better than the PS1.

The N64 controller is a great controller.

Racing Sims are boring.

I hate realistic football games, which ties in to my unpopular non gaming opinion that football is a boring sport.

Mario Kart 7, while really fun, is overrated as far as Mario Kart games go.

Mobile and Social Network games are not ruining gaming, and get way too much flack.

I hate the terms casual and hardcore.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 20th, 2014, 9:04 pm

I do not like sports games one bit(aside from fishing games) they just bore me to tears.

I despise the Assassins Creed series.

There isn't a single Sonic game that I haven't liked and I think Sonic is better then Mario.

Never really got what the big deal about the Legend Of Zelda series was, I find them pretty overrated.

I think the first two Bubsy games are underrappreciated platformers.

Burk1

Postby Burk1 » July 20th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Jewel cases are the superior method of disk case

Earthbound is NOT worth more than $50

Super Mario RPG isn't very good

TG16 was the best system of its time

Xbox games look better than their ps2 counterpart

Most good games for the dreamcast can be found on other systems,making it almost pointless.

Video games have been used too often as babysitters for kids in recent generations,and some kids play too much and miss out on the real world . Moderation is important for everything.

pacguy191

Postby pacguy191 » July 20th, 2014, 11:31 pm

[QUOTE=Burk]Xbox games look better than their ps2 counterpart[/QUOTE]
That's not even an unpopular opinion...

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » July 21st, 2014, 1:05 am

Like Banjopickles, I also like Final Fantasy VI more than VII. VI is my favorite in the series. I also think that VIII is better than VII.

On the subject of Final Fantasy, I think XIII is not the worst in the series as that honor goes to XII.

Duke Nukem Forever is not a bad game.

Pac-Man for Atari 2600 is not a bad game. It's pretty much exactly what I expected an arcade port of Pac-Man on the console to look and play like. Yeah, it's not arcade perfect but what Atari game was?

I hate Banjo Kazooie.

The N64 has the most lackluster game library of any Nintendo console.

I love random encounters in RPGs.

I wish Sega would stop making Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe and make another Phantasy Star RPG like the old ones.

I don't like Assassin's Creed games.

For the most part, I don't like indie games.

Heavy Rain was one of the worst-designed games I've ever played.

NAC1

Postby NAC1 » July 21st, 2014, 3:40 am

Nice thread! I love threads that center around the sharing of unpopular opinions, because they always encourage something new to discuss. Sure I could type a few paragraphs on why I love Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but most gamers here have heard about that, and that would get boring.

Now for my two cents:

I believe Sonic R is an excellent game; I would probably give it an A- for its large, excellent stages, its speed, its multiple paths, its replay value, its numerous game modes, and even for its oftentimes hated soundtrack! My only problem with it is that it's a little too easy. 

These controls have never bothered me once! Maybe its because I use the L and R triggers for every turn, something which I'll admit isn't always the obvious thing to do. Even then, however, I was still more than capable of getting through the five tracks with minimal control issues. I have looked at Youtube to see what all the commotion was about, but most Youtubers just get mad with Sonic R, assuming that everybody hates the game and already knows why it's bad.

Oh well; to each his/her own.[cool]

I did not like LA Noire. I rented it from my local video store one day, and I was bored with it. I felt like I was going through the motions, and some of the detective segments required too much trial and error. I basically guessed what the correct answer was, and I rarely understood how it tied into the crime I was supposed to solve. Maybe this could have made for an interesting mystery movie, but it definitely doesn't make for a good game, at least in my opinion. Maybe it's because I was expecting a free-roaming open-world game rather than a crime solver.

Like LoganRuckman, I also like the post generation 4 pokemon games, and I really like Sonic Adventure.

Finally, Sonic 2 is my least favorite Sega Genesis Sonic game. On paper, it blows the other Sonic 1 and 3 out of the water. Yes, the stage design is great, and there is a great variety of stages.

Unfortunately, many annoyances dragged the game down for me. First off, I cannot stand the special stages. They serve as a primary example of what can go wrong if 3D effects as used on a system that can't handle them. The stages are choppy, terribly pixelated, and have obnoxious music playing in the background. It doesn't help that the choppy winding of the half-pipe makes it almost impossible to see oncoming bombs. Special stages are a big part of 2D Sonic games, because they add to the challenge and replay value, so it just doesn't feel right for a completionist like me to skip them.

I also didn't like how some enemy projectiles sometimes randomly appeared in stages even when the enemy wasn't even in sight!

I'll cut it off here to prevent a wall of text.[smile]

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 21st, 2014, 7:30 am

1. SNES is Nintendo's weakest home console
2. Miis are great, because the kill story introductions
3. Metroid Other M, though flawed, has a lot going for it, and is worth  buy.
4. MS has been the single most damaging company to have an influence on home console gaming
5. You should not spend any money on mobile games if you like console gaming

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 21st, 2014, 8:50 am

[QUOTE=nesfan]

I wish Sega would stop making Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe and make another Phantasy Star RPG like the old ones.

[/QUOTE]

100% agree. 

Mine:

I think the SNES was only okay, and the Genesis, Neo Geo,  and TG16 were better than it. 

I think Wii Sports was the best game of last generation. 

I think the 3DS XL is utterly and completely inferior to the original 3DS.

I think Nintendo's best systems ever were the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.  By a mile. 

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » July 21st, 2014, 9:31 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]1. SNES is Nintendo's weakest home console
[/QUOTE]
That is the Wii U.
Followed by the Virtual Boy. 

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » July 21st, 2014, 9:32 am

[QUOTE=Atarifever]
I think the 3DS XL is utterly and completely inferior to the original 3DS.
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what about the XL do you dislike?  Larger size makes it harder to hold?  Quality of construction?  Battery life?

I consider upgrading my 3DS when I see the XLs on sale, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Return to “Video Games General”